• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Custom 11nF / 32nF V-CAP Cu-TFT

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I asj, because i subjectively prefer the SIO to the Mundorf SGIO. What do you think og SIO Stephanoo in comparison to CUTF.

SIO are indeed very fine capacitors.
I found their presentation to be very smooth and yet pretty detailed.
For their price I think they are pretty worth their money If you are looking specifically for a specific sonic signature.
However the CuTFT they keep the body of the SIO but they add extension to the top and articulation to the bottom.
The music flows much easier and with more power.
Plus they are much more neutral letting you enjoy more what was recorded on the master.
Obviously the premium vcap is more expensive but you get what you pay for in this case.
Hope this helps.

Sorry to butt in here where I have no business, but perhaps I can contribute something to the discussion.

I have used the Mundorf SIO cap in line level circuit and speaker xover. To my ears and in my system, they are excellent for tweeter xover only, perhaps midrange. They provide exquisite detail and layering of high frequencies, but bass is deficient. They are not so good at producing low frequencies, but they might be the best at high frequencies.

Now I am using film/foil caps with copper foil for amp input DC blocking, and they are the best of all I have heard. They are not CuTf, but copper foil and polypro made in Europe, not distributed in USA. They are superb at everything: detail, smoothness, depth, spaciousness, tonality, bass, midrange, highs, blah blah blah. I can imagine that with teflon instead of polypro, sound will be slightly smoother, perhaps even more resolving yet not brighter. You guys who can afford it should participate in this group buy. If I had the money, I would. Better caps can transform a good system to a great one. Copper foil is the best you can get, and worth every penny.

Peace,
Tom E

Sorry to butt in here where I have no business, but perhaps I can contribute something to the discussion.

I have used the Mundorf SIO cap in line level circuit and speaker xover. To my ears and in my system, they are excellent for tweeter xover only, perhaps midrange. They provide exquisite detail and layering of high frequencies, but bass is deficient. They are not so good at producing low frequencies, but they might be the best at high frequencies.

Now I am using film/foil caps with copper foil for amp input DC blocking, and they are the best of all I have heard. They are not CuTf, but copper foil and polypro made in Europe, not distributed in USA. They are superb at everything: detail, smoothness, depth, spaciousness, tonality, bass, midrange, highs, blah blah blah. I can imagine that with teflon instead of polypro, sound will be slightly smoother, perhaps even more resolving yet not brighter. You guys who can afford it should participate in this group buy. If I had the money, I would. Better caps can transform a good system to a great one. Copper foil is the best you can get, and worth every penny.

Peace,
Tom E

I fully agree with you about the SIO and the copper foil mixed with Teflon.
Thanks for your comment.

ok,

here we are....really close.....however some of the users haven't confirmed yet so we could have bad surprise at the end.
The plan is: when we hit 50 I will close the Groupbuy, send the request to V-Cap and he will open up a link to prepay and that will be the moment of the truth to see whether everybody will pull through with this or not.

Please check the list and let me know if I missed something.

Thanks.

Attachments

• List.zip
    7.6 KB · Views: 44
ok,

here we are....really close.........

Please check the list and let me know if I missed something.

Thanks.

Dear Stefanoo,
thanks for all your effort so far!
I would like to re-confirm my "order" of one set.
I furthermore convinced a friend of mine to join. I hope he will be able to contact you/this thread tomorrow (I'm on a business-trip and contacted him by mail....he promised to step in... and you can rely on him).
Hope this will -in the end- become true for all of us,
Ulrich

ok...here is the situation.
We have potentially 48 capacitors ordered so we are only missing 2 and if UI2's friend steps in we will have completed our GP.
However, we are still missing several confirmation which can put us in a bad spot.

I am hoping that people how have suscribed which names is still missing the confirmation, to please confirm with me ASAP.

Thanks.

Attachments

• List.zip
    7.6 KB · Views: 34
why not spam all threads covering Paradise ;-)

ahahahah!!! I don't know we can do that.
Beside we have already covered most of the threads.
I initially posted on MPP and now on their groupbuy :)

Like I said technically we have 50 pieces. I am still waiting for the missing people to confirm or we can't have certainty that we have enough demand to go throught this GB.

Here is the updated list.

Attachments

• List.zip
    7.7 KB · Views: 36
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.