• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Custom 11nF / 32nF V-CAP Cu-TFT

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I will remove you no problem.
I am just wondering how much people here think a v-cap would cost???!

Considering that price is as low as possible I wonder why people here threw themselves without realizing without putting some thoughts ahead!!!

These are the finest capacitors in the market and will make a big difference and it won't be possible to have them anymore after this one group buy..what is 200 dollars to build a reference machine?!? You put this on something you are going to listen to for a long time to come!

I would encourage people to bite the bullet and go through with this...I personally think it won't put anybody bankrupt buying 4 capacitors :)

sorry to intrude, I had the same problem with a recent Zfoil TX220Z power resistor and Auricap XO GB, I got OEM pricing on the caps and we got good bulk pricing on the Zfoils, but apparently some people either think magic can happen, or simply dont bother to look/think at all until you supply them with a price and it comes as a shock, when it should be a nice surprise.

they seem to have little regard or thought as to what can happen when they pull out at such a late time, at a minimum all pricing needs to be recalculated (and it adds more work for the manufacturer in more quotes etc), at worst the whole GB is nolonger viable.... its like people forget we are real people on the other end of the internet, so they do things that would be completely unacceptable face to face.

not singling anyone out here

I had the same issue with a CuTF GB a year or 2 ago, fantastic caps.

luckily its worked out and we got our minimum quota to make it worthwhile, the remaining people have been great, I hope the same for you.

Last edited:
Thank you for your post.
What you are saying is so true!

Question, maybe it will help understand some folks here what kind of deal they are missing and probably make all of us miss as well: how do you compare vcap against any standard capacitor such as wima and others?
Did you think that it was worth your purchase?

Last edited:
OK well for disclosure, ive been a low level, but regular OEM with Chris/VHAUDIO for several years now. I also use some of his wire products and as one of my suppliers for general parts orders too; hes one of the true Gentlemen of this industry. Whatever you may think of the price on the caps, the quality is most certainly there and since he bore the considerable development costs for this unique product himself, the money has to come from somewhere.

that being said, I sought out the opportunity because I think his caps are second to none; I was already using them myself for my own builds previously. I'm not really very good at the audiophile lingo, but I would think that for your application, there simply isnt a better cap. The tight tolerances (and in your case custom values) and reasonably small size (small for a teflon film and foil cap) will help a great deal in keeping noise low and purity of signal high.

My applications have been signal level also (this last lot in my Pass D1 inspired IV stage, the NTD1), I have not tried woman, or Duelund Cast, but I did compare to Mundorf SGIO and Duelund Copper VSF. Subjectively I found CuTF to come out on top, having a bit more energy ie when asked to represent a transient, capable of representing a raspy or nasty noise in the mix, along with the beautiful harmonic content. in other words I found it to be more faithful/transparent and ruthless, yet not needlessly harsh.

I'm at a loss to explain why this occurs and I prefer not to guess, but I figure if i'm going to go to such lengths with the matching in the rest of my signal chain, when there are a few critical components in the signal that need matching, like filter applications, why not insist on the same high quality of material/tolerance in the caps as I use through the rest of my projects? I prefer no cap at all, but if there must be one, if I can justify the cost I use CuTF; they satisfy me on a technical level too, being that copper and teflon are pretty much unmatched for the job at hand and the UPOCC and foamed teflon leadouts top it off.

Last edited:
You ever compared to Mundorf Silver in oil?

long ago and not to CuTF because CuTF didnt exist then, I only compared the SGIO (silver/gold in Oil), nice caps, but any comparison to silver in Oil would be a bit meaningless since it was a couple years since i've used any.

I dont really see much point in silver caps TBH, when its just a small segment of the signal path. Thats part of the reason why I prefer copper cables, copper caps, copper wire, because PCBs and components themselves are more likely copper, or copper alloy.

Qusp I share same experience you had with CuTFT.
Chris is a gentlement and very honest and serious man.

Imho these caps are just more neutral, more energetic and fluid than any other capacitor I have ever tried.
I do prefer no cap at all but when a cap is needed and specifically in the signal path if I can justify the cost I will use a vcap as well.

I hope your experience can help other understand the quality of these caps.

Btw women was a typo ehehe I meant to say Wima capacitors which are very popular and some folks are led to believe by supposed gurus that are even better than capacitors such as CuTFT because they are made for industry standards.
Unfortunately capacitors like Wima, avox and many other available cap from distributed such as digikey and mouser are not even in the league of a mundorf supreme not to mention a vcap CuTFT.
Anyhow thank you for sharing your experience with us.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.