• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Custom 11nF / 32nF V-CAP Cu-TFT

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Sorry guys I haven't checked this post out today as I would have never expected so much interest.
I am very happy to see this response which will allow all the lucky people here to have the finest cap on the most delicate section.

I will start counting how many people are in so far and start inquiring pricings on it and I will post shortly after I talked to the manufacturer.
I will try to see if he can offer us a special price on it.

All,

I prepared a list with Excel File with names of users here who have subscribed.
I have put 0 QTY by users who haven't clearly stated the desire to have one set but only inquired info so far.
We are up to about 38 capacitor per value which is pretty good.
I will find out more what break point price we can get if other will subscribe.

In the meantime attached is the file I will keep update as we go adding eventual new users who are interested.

I look through my email as I had inquired pricing at V-CAP a little while ago, but I will contact him with the quantity we need so far to see if he can offer us a better pricing than this.
In the meantime here is the price which is pretty good for Custom values afterall:

.0125 = $57.99 each piece. I would require a minimum order of 20 pieces for the 1st round, and 50 pieces thereafter.

.0338 (or .342) = $65.99 each piece. I would require a minimum order of 20 pieces for the 1st round and 50 pieces

The values I was inquiring are a little different from what we exactly need now but I think can be representative of actual price.

Speaking of nominal value:
I am currently running 11nF and 32nF Aura-T Caps and and measured precision is 0.08dB.
I am not sure why we would need 33.3nF.
Can you guys post the exact value of riaa you guys are using?
I will make measurements and post the results and we can pick the one that is the most precise.

Wow this is an incredible response.
See if we passed already the 50 capacitors.
After we passed this threshold I will try to inquire better pricing.
See if hopefully he can offer us a better pricing.
I can't promise anything...however I am pretty good at negotiating :)

See what happens.

I will keep you all informed as i gather more information.
Please stay tuned.

All,

I have good news for everybody.
At first I had difficolties arranging the custom buy.
I didn't know the policy therefore I was told to explain that policy for V-Cap is that custom parts are NOT made available to DIY-ers only to OEM and OEMs can't resell parts to third parties nor can share quotes and pricings with others.

Anyhow Since I am a person that doesn't give up that easily :) I worked something out with V-Caps and he was so kind to make this group by possible.
So a special thank should be dedicated to the manufacturer!

He mentioned that this will be a ONE time ONLY order and there has to be a minimum of 50 pieces per value (we should already be there).
I have also negotiated the price and he was so kind to offer us for the Custom Value pretty much the same pricings offered for Standard 0.010uF and 0.033uF for 25+ price (so the best of the best).

Thefore the condition I negotiated with the manufacturer are (I will try to resume everything here):

1) Min order of 50 pieces per value

2) One time buy (means this that once this group by is over there migh not be another chance to get more of these)

3) Relative matching can be done at 1%

4) Absolute match is nominal 5% but the standard are -1% - +2% or better

5) Capacitors are offered Pre-Cook so break in time is really cut down

6) PRICE is going to be

.011uF = $49.99 ea
.032 uF = $59.99 ea

(I am glad this is a heck of a price!!!)

7) For payiment, since this is a special thing is doing for us, he requires pre-paid by every user and then manufacturing will start.

8) He will be so kind to open up a special link on V-Cap's webpage where people can easily pay and indicate all their shipping information and qty that way everything will be parceled out properly

9) Ending date for group by has to be set shortly which means that I will have to set an ending date lest's say 1 week or so top.

In order to get this deal it was a LOT of back and forth efforts between me and the manufacturere but I am now proud to announce that everything price and condition have been finally officialized.

Let's the journey begin :) !!!!

I will update the list and when we hit 50 caps per part we can set an ending date and hopefully people will take advantage of this unrepeatable offer before t ends.

Cheers!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.