• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Custom 11nF / 32nF V-CAP Cu-TFT

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
... matching befor installing ...

Just to give some reply:
Me & a friend opted to have these miracle caps, but are unfortunately still in the process of matching these trannies. This is becoming a more or less completely professional action, as my friend seems to develop different matching circuits for each of the sections of the schematic.
BUT.
After this will be achieved and the board will be stuffed, there will be both: pics on how we installed the caps as well as some comments about our acoustic results.
Kind regards,
Ulrich

Joined 2005
Paid Member
Getting crowded in there.... Don't look at the build quality, this is the Paradise prototype from which all measurements and pictures for the assembly guide were done. It has seen a lot of modification :D

Well, VCaps are in, and fresh out of the box the sound is different (I used Wima FKP2 before). With the Wimas, the sound was great, lots of details and since they are not expensive I could match them to 0.1%, which gave great imaging., so they are definitely a good choice, don't get me wrong. Resistors are Dale RN65.

Checking it out right now with the new record "Tookah" from Emiliana Torrini. There is the lovely voice (and you can clearly discern different microphones in the different songs, as well as different recording settings), and a lot of lower-level stuff happening in the background, which was not that clear before.There is more detail, the individual sound events seem to stand more on their own. Tonally, not much difference.

Not sure I can get my impressions across good enough, I am lacking that "audio equipment reviewer slang" :D But this is at the beginning of the break-in, more as time progresses.....

Attachments

• vcaps.jpg
    vcaps.jpg
    279.6 KB · Views: 183
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.