• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Paradise Phono Preregulator

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello Brian,
the decision not to go too far east was not made on
some sort off "copycat fear".
We are not reinventing the wheel or so.
My, personal, idea of DIY is open source.
If someone, may it be a busienessman or a solitude
Frickler, copy anything from our community - take it for
granted !
To me, as a perfect fool, it's easy to see it without any
need to make any profit.
Me and, i think, any other person involved in the development
of this project, wouldn't claim any legal right of any sort.
My only concern leading me to the decision to hold
the manufacturing in Europe is simply the fact that i
don't want to steal the butter off my neighbours bread.
So,
nobody will be asked for "what the fxxx you're tryin' to do with...."

My idea in posting above was that such a course may just prevent a 'copycat' commercial interest from profiting by putting a 'commercial' version in the market, either as a stand alone or as a component unit in a larger piece of equipment. [Nor would not be fair if some such outfit stole the butter off the designer's potential bread.]

Got your point.
But all what is used here was sure done before.
As "J" said: "The Paradise will work hooked to a rusty Nail".
So what we are intending to do here is to give the average
DIY'er a convenient way to complete his expensive (in terms
of time and money) Paradise project with an adequate PSU.
No more or less.

Hi Ricardo,
Leica sure is a wise decision.

It's sad to say,
the pal who decided to help me makin' it real
left too-again-for real life duties.
But now,
there is a real bright light at the end of the tunnel !
It is likely we'll have the pleasure to have one of the Masters of Paradise
to do the job !

Too bad the project is suffering some unexpected setbacks...

Anyway, just a question: . Will the GB of the preregulator present something new to what has been presented before? Will the BOM be the same as presented before?

many of us have been waiting for quite long to get this one going. Personally not so much a problem for me, as I was busy moving internationally. But now I am quite eager to move forward on it, so I would consider to buy the parts myself, ahead of the gb. Or would you advise to wait for the GB to come through (e.g costs, better design, other advantages?)

Joined 2006
Paid Member
Well schottkys tend to leave an impression of detail in sound. Do not know if it is false or not... I noticed good improvements in Tape decks and CD players, but hexfred soft recovery are much less intrusive IMO.

I believe soft recovery is more interesting than ultra high speed recovery for riaa purposes.

My choice is Hexfred HFA08TB60PBF, Ultra fast / Soft Recovery 8A

Joined 2006
Paid Member
For what it is worth, Skotkys have zero recovery time.
Some think that silicium-karbite sounds better.
It is not a big deal. When the layout is for TO220 you can change the diode to another type when it is important for you.

Indeed the specs are awesome http://www.cree.com/~/media/Files/Cree/Power/Articles and Papers/PWRTechnicalPaper1.pdf

Some say sic are the best..... IMO I got real improvements using those in my CDP.... but for analog ?

A question of taste perhaps...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.