• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Paradise Phono Preregulator

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Dear Holger,
until everything is said and done, this is just a chance
to see what level the interrest of builders reaches.
No one of the subscribers will be forced to buy anything
they allready do not know about.
And i do think this much is crystal clear for everybody,
allmost...;)

Here is the basic schematic diagram of the Paradise Pre Regulator.
You can see the correct use of common mode chokes and ripple reducer coils ( me thinks ).
The common mode coils are rather small in physical size. They are optimized to remove HF/RF noise.
The filter chokes are much bigger in size and work in the audio band by reducing ripple on the DC power line. They form a pi filter with the 10.000uF caps. This chokes have quite a high DC resistance so they burn some voltage. For a current draw of 200mA they drop 8V. That is the reason i chose a main transformer with quite high voltage, in this case a Hammond 2 x 28V model. Other transformers can be used. I prefer Block split bobbin, others may like RCore although i heard that the cheep ones from france ( made in india ? ) are not that good.
There is a wide choice for the diodes too. UF4004 is good enough i think but maybe the crowd likes ultra fast, soft recovery diodes in TO220 cases. I will use Panasonic THS elcaps. Others may like F&T, RIFA, Mundorf etc.

Attachments

• Paradise Pre-Regulator.pdf
    14.3 KB · Views: 1,681
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.