• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Paradise Phono Preregulator

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Dear Michael,
yes, it is.
And if you send me an E-Mail you'll get the simulation.
Just like anybody else.
If it's worth to you, you maybe should read this thread
properly.
Funny,
we know each other for years and never before i saw
you fighting for/against any resistor.
We can even start another thread to discuss the diameter
of the screwholes....:p

No offense meant, Peter.

I would still suggest to publish the data here,
so that more knowledgeable people than me can discuss it.

Hey people, do not worry (too much), it has my 'seal' of aproval :)

Even the cat's would have like'd it (the cat-god have their souls).

Just me talking, solves a lot :) (seems) (I'm feeling honored, thanks).

Our Friend Frans did.
Thought this would solve it .

Last edited:
Was our discussion on Frickelfest light in any way enlightening ?

Yes, it helped; it made me take a step back and made me take a different viewpoint. I still need to decide a operating mode, is it CFB or VFB, i'm still not sure. The miller caps are gone; all frequency limiting capacitors are gone, except those on the input (input signal bandwidth limiting). No compensation, of any kind in the global feedback, or in the amplification loop. No Vas :) just 2 stages. I think this is a special puppy. But I should not say too much, otherwise people will start asking for schema’s and such (and right they are), first I will present the amplifier to a larger audience, and when (and only when) it gets favorable auditions it will be published :) but this will take time (in my tempo, and with the amount of time I have available, I would not hold my breath).

P.s. just one small capacitor, local feedback, on the opamp.
P.s. The amplifier is running at an gain of 5x (I would say very near unity gain).

Last edited:
The complete open loop gain looked like CFB to me. Of cause there is the more or less conventional Opamp input stage that is VFB by any means.
Anyway, what works works and what sounds good is good.
Time to visit you.
I have a very fine Fino Dry Sherry.
Yes i promisssed a Bordeaux because you won the low noise CCS competion.
I still owe you some pennies for an earlier BJT thing. I forgot the details.
My schedule is messed up big time.

Last edited:
The complete open loop gain looked like CFB to me. Of cause there is the more or less conventional Opamp input stage that is VFB by any means.
Anyway, what works works and what sounds good is good.
Time to visit you.
I have a very fine Fino Dry Sherry.
Yes i promisssed a Bordeaux because you won the low noise CCS competion.
I still owe you some pennies for an earlier BJT thing. I forgot the details.
My schedule is messed up big time.

Let me first build the 2nd channel :) so we have a stereo pair, I'l keep you informed :) and yes you are welcome any day any time :)

Hi,

as the german AAA Forum also starts a GroupBuy for the Paradise R3 boards i wanted to ask about the status of the GB for the prereg.
I guess some of the guys from germany are also interested in getting a PCB for the prereg and therefore i want to point them directly to this GB to jump in if they want.
Is there any current schedule or shall i better not ask :D ?

Cheers,
Walter

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.