• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

ES9023 / WM8804 S/PDIF "Subbu DAC V3" GB Interest

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
No, but i2s is. supporting USB when USB->i2s is such a crowded marketplace and everyone (well not everyone, but many) has their favorites, just means wasted space. someone will always want something different, there are too many people to cater for

Sorry total newbie on this I have only bought DAC thus is first time I am making one ...so my DIY knowledge is very less can you point me to this USB i2s anywhere as I need this dac to connect to my PC

V

check my link on previous page edited post for the GB thread. here is the google docs page to order.
because weve been buying heaps and obviously helped quite a bit in getting his build price down from the beginning, the price is rather excellent and its a nice little platform for a few mods if you want to experiment with power supplies etc. its quite a nice little unit in stock form and has been picked up by Acko, EUVL and several other manufacturers and integrated into optional products, so obviously not just the price is right. it does DSD as well if you have a dac that can use that (not on this es9023 dac though)

I checked cardas is[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] 0,032 solder (0,81 mm) it's a good diameter for this project and for smd beginners or 0,5 -0,3 mm[/FONT] is better? Do you use tacky flux?

I would get some of both, this isnt a fine pitch project so either is fine. I use cardas solder for 90% of the work I do, but make sure whatever you do that you get quad eutectic, dont get lead free, its horrible and will make your life a misery. kester is a nice solder that has finer gauge too.

I use cardas noclean organic flux paste, which is tacky yes. it says noclean but you should always clean

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.