ES9023 / WM8804 S/PDIF "Subbu DAC V3" GB Interest - Page 48 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Commercial Sector > Group Buys

Group Buys Members group buys

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 11th December 2012, 04:07 PM   #471
Ryssen is offline Ryssen  Sweden
diyAudio Member

Does this DAC accept external volume control (I2s)?
Old 11th December 2012, 08:35 PM   #472
diyAudio Member

Just signed up for this GB. I am number 230 on the list (one SE kit). Total amount of DAC boards is 504 ATM. Thanks to all involved in advance!!
Old 13th December 2012, 11:46 AM   #473
diyAudio Member

Could someone please confirm (or otherwise) that the physical size of this DAC PCB is
still 3 X 2.2 (inches).

I have a case just waiting for this project and don't want to drill any holes until I'm sure
it will hold the DAC and PSU.

Thanks - Ken
Old 13th December 2012, 12:20 PM   #474
bcmbob is offline bcmbob  United States
diyAudio Member

I really don't want to appear like a jerk or sound overly impatient, but it is becoming increasingly frustrating not getting any information of when this DAC will be available. I for one, am completely committed to participating in this project. However I have no feeling for a time frame - weeks, months or more.

I believe like most, have enough curiosity to investigate other options if for nothing more than curiosity and experimentation. But it is beginning to feel like I'm balancing on one foot when making a decision of where/when to put my money and effort. I'm not backing away - just a little confused.

If additional time is going to allow for a better design, I have no problem with that. But I am more than willing to accept a version milepost offering with full knowledge a subsequent investment/revision may be required.

So is it possible to get at least a probable window for the release date for something we can put our hands on? Have the designers established any sort of time deadline for themselves ?

I sincerely hope this post is taken in the spirit it is offered. Not intended to offend

Last edited by bcmbob; 13th December 2012 at 12:40 PM.
Old 13th December 2012, 12:42 PM   #475
Nikitas is offline Nikitas  Greece
diyAudio Member

I second what bob said.
Old 13th December 2012, 08:22 PM   #476
Can you say Audio?
diyAudio Member

sigh. All, This one had a longer, somewhat open ended 'track' from the very beginning. The designers have never promised delivery by any certain time frame and have openly shared that 'life' was asserting itself. I understand the frustration that comes with unmet expectations. For this GB - reset your expectations :-)

Your plans my need to change (mine have). As someone who's done my share of Group Buys, I can assure you that the pressure/stress of the anxious mob does not help and often turning a labor of love into, well... just labor.

It's gonna rock when it's ready. Whe'll know when it's ready. Nuf said.

bcmbob/odysseas - this isn't meant specifically as a response to you both (again, get frustration) but rather as a general call to chill. If you need it soon or at least by a set date, or must plan... 'This isn't the DAC you seek'... :-)
Old 13th December 2012, 08:39 PM   #477
diyAudio Member

MR,

I have always understood the ground rules. I know the designers have often stated their key is operationally base and open ended. In my case there are other projects of interest such as amps and speakers that I have put on hold in anticipation of sending off a chunk of cash here at some unknown time.

Thanks for your information and I'll just proceed and if I miss it, I'll catch y'all next time around.

Last edited by bcmbob; 13th December 2012 at 08:48 PM.
Old 13th December 2012, 08:41 PM   #478
Can you say Audio?
diyAudio Member

Understand Bob, and thanks for taking it in the spirit meant (I did try to do the same with yours). I think that's the nut of it; we need to set our expectations as if it's not set - then be pleasantly surprised when it's ready to go.
Old 13th December 2012, 08:42 PM   #479
Can you say Audio?
diyAudio Member

Btw Bob - spent 20 years in the Flint MI area; sure miss fall :-)
Old 13th December 2012, 09:06 PM   #480
diyAudio Member

Soon as we get two feet of wet snow, I'll invite you and your favorite shovel back for a reunion visit.

Hide this!Advertise here!