ES9023 / WM8804 S/PDIF "Subbu DAC V3" GB Interest - Page 40 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Commercial Sector > Group Buys

Group Buys Members group buys

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 14th November 2012, 02:08 PM   #391
diyAudio Member

mickie not long ago JP asked for some patience while his personal life takes a priority (as it should).

When there is more information ready to be shared the designers will share it.

This is DIY, if you aren't happy working to someone else's timeline when you're relying on their design and production of PCBs (in this case including prototyping and testing) then too bad ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jean-paul View Post
Please have some more patience. In my personal life something sad has happened which I will have to deal with. I will not leave the design but I need some time for myself. From now on I probably will not be as active reading posts and participating in threads as before. The design as it is now however is what I wanted it to be: a refined 2.6. Subbu has the final word in this as usual. Of course we feel the pressure of USB being the new "standard" for computer users, still V3 is SPDIF with I2S. There might be a chance we will go on with a new design but you can't imagine the time this whole adventure costs us... We're not pros but we're DIYers like you. I think we can be proud of what we achieved (at least soundwise...) till now. Maybe we are becoming a serious threat for the audio DAC business

Let's concentrate on the positive side of matters: V3 is being born !
Old 14th November 2012, 03:16 PM   #392
mickie is offline mickie  Germany
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hochopeper View Post
This is DIY, if you aren't happy working to someone else's timeline when you're relying on their design and production of PCBs (in this case including prototyping and testing) then too bad ...
...who said i weren't?

Besides, as far as i know there is another member involved in the development of the dac, some update in the meantime could be possible - even if there are no news.
DIY also means - at least to me - that i may ask a simple question, can't i?

So please calm down everyone (who possibly felt insulted)....

Mickie
Old 15th November 2012, 08:57 AM   #393
Stixx is offline Stixx  Germany
I am
diyAudio Member

When there are no postings from Subbu or JP there are no news... easy as that.
Old 15th November 2012, 12:56 PM   #394
qusp is offline qusp  Australia
diyAudio Member

its not a productive use of time to constantly reply to prompts for updates when there is nothing to add, pretty sure JP knows there are several hundred people waiting.... getting an update will not make any change to the timetable whatsoever, except perhaps extending it by a few minutes, then ask yourself how many emails, PM's etc all asking that same question that need to be answered.
Old 15th November 2012, 03:34 PM   #395
diyAudio Moderator Emeritus

Hi, I have sent in a file to Subbu for checking and if he decides it is the final V3 version then a small test run will be made, the design will be tested etc. There are two of us involved in this from the beginning till now and if either one of us wants to change something we re-evaluate and sometimes we even start over from scratch.

I adapted the board so manganese dioxide (MnO2) caps can be used. Also U.FL connectors are used but as said before all can still change.

Last edited by jean-paul; 15th November 2012 at 03:40 PM.
Old 15th November 2012, 04:42 PM   #396
Can you say Audio?
diyAudio Member

Glad to hear about the U.FL connectors; hope they stay. The more I use them, the more I appreciate their benefits. Thanks for your time and efforts jean-paul, and our thoughts are with you re: your personal matter.
Old 15th November 2012, 05:02 PM   #397
diyAudio Member

Hi I added myself at the end of the google doc file. Is it the right way to enter this GB ?
This dac looks amazing , thank everyone for all the good work !
Old 15th November 2012, 05:14 PM   #398
syklab is offline syklab  Hong Kong
diyAudio Member

Hi JP,
Noticed your location is Germany. Hope everything smooth by now.
Old 16th November 2012, 07:54 AM   #399
diyAudio Moderator Emeritus

Yeah, emigrated for the first time. Stil busy with solving matters.
Old 16th November 2012, 08:14 AM   #400
diyAudio Member

Hi and welcome to germany! ;-)
To which city did you actually moved!?

Hide this!Advertise here!