ES9023 / WM8804 S/PDIF "Subbu DAC V3" GB Interest - Page 26 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Commercial Sector > Group Buys

Group Buys Members group buys

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 23rd October 2012, 10:24 AM   #251
bcmbob is offline bcmbob  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bud Barnez View Post
But, unless I'm missing something, seems that none of the suggested solutions provide I2S as one of the inputs like Maundrez and probably others require.

There is the potential to combine any of the above solutions with something like a TPA OTTO, but that is yet another module on top. I'm interested if there is anything that switches between spdif and I2S inputs too, or like to know how people do this at the moment.
Sorry to be repetitive, but this has worked well with the spdif/I2S selection. Note that I'm using a computer with both outputs as source and still requires switching drivers in the Windows 7 sound portion of the control panel.

Last edited by bcmbob; 23rd October 2012 at 10:27 AM.
Old 23rd October 2012, 02:22 PM   #252
Just DIY!
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryssen View Post
And here is one if you want remotecontrol:

4 To 1 HD Component Video Switch W/ Stereo SPDIF Audio | eBay

I use one,but an other brand,it works just fine!
This is an analog switch only as I can see. Not good for integration

Do

EDIT : Just saw it has SPDIF on it... Still no go for integretion and does not have Toslink or I2S

Last edited by pinnocchio; 23rd October 2012 at 02:34 PM.
Old 23rd October 2012, 02:31 PM   #253
Just DIY!
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odysseas View Post
Hi Odysseas,

This one is a reclocking receiver module which I don't want to use. I want unaltered signal and it is also missing the I2S input. Also, as far as digital input switch goes, I don't trust the eBay stuff. We can't know the quality of the parts, the layout, etc...

The Arduino stuff could be the way to go but I don't know how much of the BII code that was already created we can salvage for the 9023... And I don't know which pins are being triggered when an input is selected from the Arduino BII menu... Anyone can help?

Maybe we could have someone write some code or modify it for this project?

Thanks
Do
Old 23rd October 2012, 05:59 PM   #254
qusp is offline qusp  Australia
diyAudio Member

I would say almost none of the code for 9018 will work for 9023.

my suggestion for an spdif MUX? add something over what TP charge for the MUX and you get the entire i2s fifo buffer plus spdif board that has BNC, optical and TTL level inputs up to 216kHz (easy enough to lash up an AES3 input onto the TTL) as well as an I2s backdoor. as a bonus you also get reclocked optical, AES and BNC output and a superb basis for playing with different clocks and clocking methods (Async or synchronous). also has native u.fl and pretty easy automation
Old 23rd October 2012, 06:09 PM   #255
Just DIY!
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by qusp View Post
I would say almost none of the code for 9018 will work for 9023.

my suggestion for an spdif MUX? add something over what TP charge for the MUX and you get the entire i2s fifo buffer plus spdif board that has BNC, optical and TTL level inputs up to 216kHz (easy enough to lash up an AES3 input onto the TTL) as well as an I2s backdoor. as a bonus you also get reclocked optical, AES and BNC output and a superb basis for playing with different clocks and clocking methods (Async or synchronous). also has native u.fl and pretty easy automation
I just tought of Ian's S/PDIF Interface Board... Would that work without needing anything else?

What is that something to add over the TP stuff you're talking about? Pardon me my ignorance... Are you talking to add a little more money than TP charges and get a better module? If yes, which one is it?

Thanks
Do
Old 23rd October 2012, 07:06 PM   #256
qusp is offline qusp  Australia
diyAudio Member

I mean add some money above what TP charge for just the MUX and get the entire i2s fifo + spdif board. I believe you can, however I think you would want to supply an MCLK, actually you may be able to use the clock from this dac to clock the spdif.

its a bit uncharted territory, even though it can be done because everyone who buys it gets the fifo too, Ian will have used it by itself and its listed as an option in the manual, its the best spdif input board i've seen and its stupid cheap too, but IMO if you dont need video getting the fifo is a nobrainer
Old 24th October 2012, 02:07 PM   #257
diyAudio Member

Send a message via MSN to merlin2069er
I'm interested, am I too late to join the GB?
Old 24th October 2012, 03:12 PM   #258
grufti is offline grufti  United States
diyAudio Member

It isn't too late. Go to the first page and from there to the spreadsheet.
Old 25th October 2012, 02:57 PM   #259
diyAudio Member

Man.... near to 400 Boards wanted! ... Are we goin to 500 ? btw. You should upgrade the first page which is saying GB ends on October 18th! THe GB is still open to participants!
Old 25th October 2012, 03:29 PM   #260
diyAudio Member

Hi All

Sorry for my late reply, I've been very busy till now
We are waiting for some informations from Jean-Paul & Subbu (The cooks twins).
"Subbu's DAC V3" is an improved design based on what we've heard with the excellent V2.6.

Considering that V3 is a "work in progress" project, rondadon is right, the GB is still alive and opened !
BTW I've updated the first post.

There's no more order limits, min 150 units has been crossed during September...
Thanks to all DIYAudio members

Hide this!Advertise here!