Go Back   Home > Forums > Commercial Sector > Group Buys

Group Buys Members group buys

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 21st October 2012, 04:35 PM   #241
manudrz is offline manudrz  France
diyAudio Member

I'm looking on this kit but I won't be able to solder all these SMT parts. I've already done it with resistors and condos (Nazar modded PSU), it's ok but the U1 and U2 are beyond my skills (thanks google trad).

1) Is it possible to receive the SE kit with these two parts already soldered?

2) I'll have two SPDIF inputs (CD + BR drives) and one I2S input (WaveIO | Luckit) and I don't know how will I switch between all that, if anyone can help me?

I think I will wait for a next update version if you are planning one because I have to finish my DIY integrated power amplifier before. Sabre DIY DAC will come after
Thanks
Old 22nd October 2012, 06:16 PM   #242
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by manudrz View Post

2) I'll have two SPDIF inputs (CD + BR drives) and one I2S input (WaveIO | Luckit) and I don't know how will I switch between all that, if anyone can help me?
I was looking at this unit previously:
Multi-input/converter for DAC(USB+optic+SPDIF+XLR) | eBay

I asked the seller if it could take I2S input and output I2S too, and was told that it will output I2S, but the seller didn't answer about I2S as an input and it wasn't obvious from the photos. I haven't bought one, but it may solve at least one of your issues (plus one less SMT chip to solder) and otherwise I suspect this could be useful to others watching this thread.

Hopefully someone more experienced might confirm if this might be able to accept an I2S input.
Old 22nd October 2012, 07:23 PM   #243
Just DIY!
diyAudio Member

What would be great is that Jean-Paul and his team also develop an input selector board. Let's say 2x SPDIF, 2x Coax, AES/EBU and I2S.

This would be really great!

Thanks
Do
Old 22nd October 2012, 07:45 PM   #244
diyAudio Member

Send a message via Skype™ to voxxonline
Agree ...
Would be good
Old 22nd October 2012, 09:21 PM   #245
qusp is offline qusp  Australia
diyAudio Member

I wonder why though, when there are so many viable options?
Old 22nd October 2012, 11:55 PM   #246
Just DIY!
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by qusp View Post
I wonder why though, when there are so many viable options?
You're 110% right but it makes it just much easier for everyone to not have to search for a solution and having to use two or more project to make things work the way I want.

On my side, I have the Arduino which is really nice but I don't write code, at least not for the past 20 years. And I don't know which pin on the Atmega will trigger a +5V (on the Buffalo code for example) to select my inputs which I could use with a simple relay driver or other stuff.

Also the other solution is the TPA 4:1 mux receiver but @ 150$ it is way overpriced...

Do you know of a couple good solutions I/we could use? It would be appreciated.

Thanks
Do
Old 23rd October 2012, 06:43 AM   #247
Nikitas is offline Nikitas  Greece
diyAudio Member

SPDIF Receiver 4:1MUX module WM8804 FOR DIY DAC | eBay
Old 23rd October 2012, 08:43 AM   #248
Ryssen is offline Ryssen  Sweden
diyAudio Member

And here is one if you want remotecontrol:

4 To 1 HD Component Video Switch W/ Stereo SPDIF Audio | eBay

I use one,but an other brand,it works just fine!
Old 23rd October 2012, 09:57 AM   #249
diyAudio Member

But, unless I'm missing something, seems that none of the suggested solutions provide I2S as one of the inputs like Maundrez and probably others require.

There is the potential to combine any of the above solutions with something like a TPA OTTO, but that is yet another module on top. I'm interested if there is anything that switches between spdif and I2S inputs too, or like to know how people do this at the moment.
Old 23rd October 2012, 10:10 AM   #250
syklab is offline syklab  Hong Kong
diyAudio Member

Hi,
I am thinking about building a small daughter board that will site on top of the current 3x2 pins and use something like a TSL100DRG4 to switch between the I2S coming in from the WM8804 and another I2S source coming in from the Amanero. (the 3 51R resistor will be removed).

Hide this!Advertise here!