• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

ES9023 / WM8804 S/PDIF "Subbu DAC V3" GB Interest

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Disabled Account
Joined 2002
The power supply PCB can be use for other projects (Squeezebox ?) now too. Do the math on the current limiting resistor, add a heatsink to the BD, use a higher rated fuse and use an off board transformer for that purpose. 1 Ampere shouldn't be a problem with the through hole bridge provided you use a type rated for such current.

If you bend the pins of the BD upwards you can mount it (insulated) on an L shaped piece of aluminium bolted to the chassis. Solder the BD pins only when everything has been mounted to avoid mechanical tension on the soldered pins and thus possible unreliability.

Untested but done as some asked for it. It still is a PSU designed mainly for the Subbu DAC.

Last edited:
Yea billyk - can't proceed without the BOM. I thought I had received something, but just did a search and can't see anything. JP, do you know if it has been finalized and published to paid builders? I could add it to today's Mouser order.

Last edited:
Disabled Account
Joined 2002
Can't wait for the first builders to report their results. This was a long wait and I am still surprised so many had the patience. Hope it was worth the waiting.

I have the BOM etc. in basic form but I should not be in the way of our CEO. Give the guy some time. Official most recent BOM etc. should be mailed to all buyers of boards. Just be glad I am not making the documentation otherwise your DAC will be a lifetime project ;)

BTW aren't we posting in the wrong thread ?

Last edited:
It's my understanding the SE version is the only one available now. There is a posted Mouser cart for that, but you must have the boards already. Balanced may or may not appear in the future.

Hi,

I have my boards now but I think l missed a lot about the details about this project. Could someone direct me to the thread / post / location where the mouser BOM is

thx :)

Disabled Account
Joined 2002
Good lucking assembling the V3. Please take attention that C7 is printed wrong on the PCB. Only important if you use tantalum caps for C7 etc.

Hardest parts to solder are the XO, the resistor array and the WM8804. Just take your time and use good 60/40 0.7 mm or (better) even thinner solder. No lead-free garbage please !

I also now have everything I need ( Thx to Bob & Neville ) except a circuit diagram.

Perhaps I missed out on this because I joined late but I would really appreciate it if someone could email it to me as ASAP - I don't feel like starting assembly without having a diagram for reference

thanks

mike

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.