• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

ES9023 / WM8804 S/PDIF "Subbu DAC V3" GB Interest

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Thanks for the update.. Can not wait to "listen" to them. Man. would really want to come over to "test" the board! ^^
But from Hamburg its a "long" way! :)

Also waiting for the new WaveIO Board. My SymAsym Amp and my Speakers are almost finished.

"Nuttin over good sound and music! "

Phil,
When the single ended version is available can it be purchased and later the balanced version board be added to it?

Bill

Hi Bill and All

I think so but can't confirm it to be absolutely "true" right now.
BAL version design isn't finalized yet.
In previous V2.6, SE DAC could be upgraded to BAL version.
A second DAC/PCB is added, specially populated to achieve BAL goal.
Hope this help

Regards

Phil

Attenuator on output

I think it has been said in the thread that this DAC can be used with its outputs direct into a power amp, with one of the advantages of this DAC being the built in driver stage.

I would like to install one into a power amp with a stepped attenuator between DAC output and power amp input - to control the analogue volume without the need for a pre/buffer. Could anyone clarify if this would be a suitable set-up? and if so, is there a particular impedance for an attenuator that would suit the DAC output best? Thanks. (In my situation amp input impedance is 33kohm).

Disabled Account
Joined 2002
We are still waiting for the SE test PCBs which take a lot of time to produce apparently. The BAL version is being designed by Subbu. So I don't know what it will be although I have an idea. Maybe if I offer my help I can take a peek ...

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.