• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

ES9023 / WM8804 S/PDIF "Subbu DAC V3" GB Interest

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
If you are in the UK and you aren't doing a load of SMD work, I suggest you get this from Rapid: SMD rework jelly and solder pack
The flux will last ages and the solder is 62% tin, 2% silver, 36% lead.

Unless you have masochistic tendencies, dont use lead free solder, you wont go far wrong with 80/20 or 63/37 solder 26SWG.

I also suggest getting a temperature controlled iron of about 50W - The one you have is a bit low powered at 25W (lower power means that the iron struggles to maintain tip temperature, so requires more time to do the job). Take a look at this from Maplin: 48W LCD Display Solder Station : Temperature Controlled Irons & Solder Stations : Maplin Electronics

Ken

Just a quick comment. I notice that Uriah recommends not to use silver loaded solder for the lighter note, in particular for the LED optocoupler a the cadmium sulphide LDR is easily damaged by excess heat. I'm still using good old (very old!!) Ersin multicore, essential to clean excess flux from completed joints after though. There are still available lead/tin solders, such as Autosol from Rapid, good for most purposes.
Ian.

All I can say is that an SE version seems ready for production of prototypes and Subbu is grinding his teeth on the BAL version.

I am wondering how true balanced output (i.e. +ve part out of one channel and -ve signal out of the other) is obtained here. From limited information ES9023 has no +ve and -ve outputs (only SE L&R output) so using two ES9023s only double the maximum output current. Unless the I2S is divided into +ve and -ve stream before entering ES9023.

I bought v2.6
would you please explain benefits of v3

isn't it obvious... its at LEAST .4 better.. :D.

I was out of the loop during the 2.6 group buy so this is my chance to get in on the fun.. Until there is a final completed product to compare to 2.6, it's anyone's guess how much better it will be (if it would even be noticeable by TinEars like me...) I'll at least be able to compare it to my existing DAC's

...hmmm, we should come up with something like the dichotomic search, where each guy would deliver two halves of an "appropriate" sub-batch to two other guys...
the problem is to define "appropriate"...
And then we'd call it "R-2R delivery strategy" :crackup:

Just joking.

But if there's something I can do from France, I'll be glad to help.

-

Hi All

Yes this GB is going to be huge. As previously told I'm managing the parts GB.
In this view, I've contacted some members for local delivery.
The "Go" will be the availability of the V3 boards.

A big Thank you to all subscribers, and another one to "Jean-Paul and Subbu" team !!!

Just to mention that I'll be out of Internet on the 31st, as I'm moving house.
Hope to be connected soon...

Phil

I'm willing for US delivery.

Yes I've noticed it, and we've previously talk about it ;)

I'm just wondering about the optimal process.
I'll collect the funds from all subscribers.
As the global amount will be high, I first need cash to place the orders.
I'll pack the parts for each "World Zone" to the granted local "GB Admin".
He'll be in charge of local packing and shipping.
Each subscriber order will be packed and labelled and then, the "global parcel" will be sent to local "GB Admin". (I'm checking this option)
Shipping from me to local "GB Admin" will be insurred and tracked.

Granted local "GB Admin" will have some job to perform :
- Select shipping rates/costs within his "Authority Zone" according to each subscriber order
- Packing "pre-prepared parts bag labelled" according to each subscribers orders
- Estimate the cost of consumables such as enveloppes and/or box
In this view, he will receive a detailed list of subscribers full name & addresses and qty for each ordered kit.

Your opinion matter and you could suggest me some recipes ;)
Each "GB Admin" will be involved in the process as described above.

Maybe he could collect funds from his "Authority Zone" and then, transfer to me the collected amount, but acting this way will involve a double Paypal fees amount and increase delays... forget about it ;)

For Europe I think I can handle all the process.

Phil

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.