• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

ES9023 / WM8804 S/PDIF "Subbu DAC V3" GB Interest

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi All
It's been a long time I have'nt post... I've fixed some personal troubles.
Thanks to atupi pointing us to latest Jean-Paul post about V3.
What could we suppose from this sentence ?
SE version seems to be Ok and only BAL is to be finalized ;)
I hope we'll have more informations soon.
I whish you a merry Christmas, have fun ;)

Alphy, you should not givi up so easy. You need only a sharp enough soldering tip (not too sharp) and a magnifyng lens to help you to see things better.
And a lot of pacience of course.
Thanks for your support!

LOL my workbench looks like a soldering operating theatre now, lenses, lights, grips, the works. And I did a try-out. Just not my thing. Point-to-point on a tubeamp, that's where I max out at my age. Or a DaDa upgrade on a Quad 34.

I decided to just go for an MDAC, which also saves me on an input switch, as I need more inputs.

One of the members on this forum kindly offered me to put it together for me in a PM, which I really appreciate. But as he's in the States and I'm in the Netherlands, that's not quite practical, in combination with the less than ideal inputs.

Hi
I wish all the best to you and your family for 2013.
Thanks for your patience and posts during this time.

We'll have soon some good news from "cookers team", Subbu & Jean Paul :)
From what I know, Subbu's DAC V3 has crossed RC state, close to RTM...
Let's start this new "DIYAudio year" with this improved DAC !

Phil

Hi
I wish all the best to you and your family for 2013.
Thanks for your patience and posts during this time.

We'll have soon some good news from "cookers team", Subbu & Jean Paul :)
From what I know, Subbu's DAC V3 has crossed RC state, close to RTM...
Let's start this new "DIYAudio year" with this improved DAC !

Phil

Happy New year to everyone. V2.6 is a great DAC and certainly V3.0 will be even better .

Thanks

Disabled Account
Joined 2002
Wow you all want more than 500 pieces ! I am amazed and also a bit ashamed things take so long. As explained earlier I had some issues to solve and did not work on the DAC for a long time.

I got an email today of a certain american guy which stated this:

P.S. I have received from a trusted source, information that you and your butler have actually been spotted on a sandy beach in Bimini, with some sort of alcoholic concoction in a coanut shell in one hand, and a Havana in the other over the past few months - and not actually working on the DAC. But don't worry, I'll keep it between the three of us. :D

Well that is too good to be true ;)

All I can say is that an SE version seems ready for production of prototypes and Subbu is grinding his teeth on the BAL version.Don't expect large changes as we found out V2.6 is already very good (some of you have the same experience to say the least). So it is in the details. We changed over to other caps but will publish only if the results are worth mentioning. Also connectors of SPDIF and L/R Out were changed from screw type connectors to Molex KK. The power supply remains the same as results are very good from what I hear. I haven't received my PCBs yet but I enjoy the comments of those that have built it. When I go home from work I check my mail box every day but till now I only receive bills and advertising stuff...

Even if V3 does not live up to the expectations we still could do a rerun on V2.6 but I guess some of you would not like us for that :D That having said: V2.6 is so good that I use my version as my main DAC.

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.