• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

ES9023 / WM8804 S/PDIF "Subbu DAC V3" GB Interest

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I don't consider myself an expert, but soldering those little fingers is not as intimidating as it looks. You can practice beforehand with a few throw away caps or resistors on almost any flat copper surface. Radio Shack has some super cheap pieces. I used a 30 cent copper tubing cap. Using a sticky flux like Chipquick really helps.

Check out this post for a good tutorial. (#2 through #7)

Something as simple as this will be a great help.

Last edited:
Man, I hear you. Used to be in the morning, my feet were moving when they hit the floor. Now I have to sit on the edge of the bed for thirty minutes to get oriented.:rolleyes:

If you really don't want to do it I'll be glad to offer my services (vie a detour), or there is most likely some "Kid" available at a local community college with better eyes and nerves than either of us.:D

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.