• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

ES9023 / WM8804 S/PDIF "Subbu DAC V3" GB Interest

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Looking at the supply PCB, I don't know if it is too late to add option to use discrete diode rectifier bridge. Should be easy to put on the board. Thanks.

Hi Algar_emi

Looks like Jean-Paul has missed your point, very busy at this time.
From what I know, the actual PSU V5 remains the same.
Consider it as a very good Pre-regulator, feeding 4 LDO on DAC board.

"Moderator Emeritus" position is requested here for further comments :worship:

Disabled Account
Joined 2002
Hi all, I can't believe my eyes when I see the number of the PCB's wanted by you all. This for a yet non-existing PCB (there are several versions but none of them has been chosen as final version), that must be an indication that the 2.6 is really liked ! It is not vaporware, there will be a PCB as we promised it.

I hope you all won't be disappointed by the V3. Originally it was called rev. 3.X but Korben calls it V3 and I will adapt as it sounds like a kind of secret weapon to me :) I did some changes and I am still thinking of further improvements but it is quite hard as 2.6 was already a fine PCB. In fact it would be the most easy solution to have the 2.6 produced with gold plating but you know we usually choose the way of most resistance. Changes will be subtle. No USB, please stop asking. There are several USB solutions out there. The Subbu DAC is SPDIF/I2S. A possible USB version is maybe something for the near future but it will be a different product with a different name.

We found a possible BG replacement but they are also partly out of production and partly hard to find. That gives hope ;)

Last edited:
Signed myself into the Spreadsheet and added 10 ES9023.

Hey guys, If at all possible could we get some other chips from ESSTech when we are ordering?
I would also like to have the following chips added:

2x ES9112 Sabre32 Ultra 32-bit ADC listed at €15.83 at Ismosys
2x ES9016 Sabre32 Ultra 32-bit 8 channel DAC listed at €25.92 at Ismosys

It would be so cool to play with ADC and 8ch out !

More channels to the people !

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.