• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

ES9023 / WM8804 S/PDIF "Subbu DAC V3" GB Interest

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi all

The GB is going on the right way, but we perform do better.
Glad to see that Jean-Paul has posted some good informations :)
My V2.6 ES9023 is now improved with 2 BlackGates in C10b & C32 positions.
Result : deeper bass (yes it's possible) and more global definition in the soundstage !!!
The output level gave a strong & clear signal, my pre is now on -30dB.
This board is a real bargain, can't wait to build a BAL version using V3 PCB.

Phil

Hi Ryssen and All

Ryssen
Glad to see you've finally been delivered ;)
Enjoy your built, take your time, read the Build Guide too.
BTW read the EU Parts GB there are some hints about parts.
BG went from a friend old stock, he picked up two units for me.

grufti
BlackGates : NX HiQ 47uF/6.3v at C10b + 0.47uF/50v at C32
They seems to be available here : http://www.partsconnexion.com/capacitor_ele_blkgate.html

atharva
TP TOSLink module needs to be fed by SPDIF Data stream & requires min 5v external PSU as it has a 3.3v onboard reg. It's just a media converter Cu to Optical Fiber.
No input-output "matching" needed, just connect SPDIF from ES9023 to TOSLink.

Last edited:
Åke, check carefully inside the bag. I "lost" a few parts inside the bag, because they were stuck to the tape. Once unpacked, I "lost" at least one on the circuit board where it glued itself to the flux, but in the wrong place. Fortunately in my case none were ever really missing.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.