• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

ES9023 / WM8804 S/PDIF "Subbu DAC V3" GB Interest

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Disabled Account
Joined 2002
Hi Turbon, I salute you too ! Join our gang if you like. We endulge in good sound, food, drinks and of course a relaxed athmosphere. Wearing glasses and liking goats wearing glasses are nice prerequisites but they are not at all mandatory as we are tolerant. A good sense of humour, good taste and respect for fellow humans (whatever background, nationality, religion, color, race or sex they may have) are mandatory features though. These features will be tested by the Norske Brillegeit Kontroll after which in case of success a ritual will follow. After allowing a new member the Kontroll must be re-elected so we are keen on having not too much new members within a short time and we try to spread the new members over a longer period of time. A result is nearly 365 times a year daily gatherings without any obligation or time pressure. Almost all those gatherings are interesting meetings with different people from all over the globe held in various European cities. There is a strict rule that cell phones/GSM are not allowed as telephone calls in public disturb our members, their conversations, meals and such. Please be aware of that.

Regarding the V3:

We just want to hear a number and one of you distributing the boards and chips. For simplicities sake it can (IF we do this) only be sets of DAC PCB, PSU PCB and a ES9023. Call it a "V3 set" if you like.

Last edited:
Hi, jean-paul

I had found last GB order form in this thread which created by you, i use it template as this GB 2014 to gather all a list of diyer who willing to own one unit.:):)
Hope u won't get :mad: using without permission. You may edit anything in the spreadsheet.

The due date will be leaving for you to decide it.:D
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0ArvqyC4hPqLwdGZtU0MzZl9fX0xWZ28wNlFwU2RNTnc&usp=sharing

Thanks
Clarence

Hi Turbon, I salute you too ! Join our gang if you like. We endulge in good sound, food, drinks and of course a relaxed athmosphere. Wearing glasses and liking goats wearing glasses are nice prerequisites but they are not at all mandatory as we are tolerant. A good sense of humour, good taste and respect for fellow humans (whatever background, nationality, religion, color, race or sex they may have) are mandatory features though. These features will be tested by the Norske Brillegeit Kontroll after which in case of success a ritual will follow. After allowing a new member the Kontroll must be re-elected so we are keen on having not too much new members within a short time and we try to spread the new members over a longer period of time. A result is nearly 365 times a year daily gatherings without any obligation or time pressure. Almost all those gatherings are interesting meetings with different people from all over the globe held in various European cities. There is a strict rule that cell phones/GSM are not allowed as telephone calls in public disturb our members, their conversations, meals and such. Please be aware of that.

Regarding the V3:

We just want to hear a number and one of you distributing the boards and chips. For simplicities sake it can (IF we do this) only be sets of DAC PCB, PSU PCB and a ES9023. Call it a "V3 set" if you like.

Regarding the V3:

Can a dog or two dressed as goats fool you? In that case my wife owns two goats with glasses if that counts ;)

I'll settle for two V3 sets as they seems to be popular and shouldn't sound very bad ;)

Do I edit something by myself or there might not be such a list yet for this GB?

PS: I love gatherings mostly on the telly as I don't live in a city. I'll leave the practical issues to someone that is at least familiar with being organised :), I try to avoid that as this proves...

Regards

Hi, jean-paul

I had found last GB order form in this thread which created by you, i use it template as this GB 2014 to gather all a list of diyer who willing to own one unit.:):)
Hope u won't get :mad: using without permission. You may edit anything in the spreadsheet.

The due date will be leaving for you to decide it.:D
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0ArvqyC4hPqLwdGZtU0MzZl9fX0xWZ28wNlFwU2RNTnc&usp=sharing

Thanks
Clarence

Hi Clarence. Well done but it is write protected. Maybe it should stay that way until Jean-Paul thinks it is all right to use it.

Regards

Guys, I m not sure if I ll do that, but due to the lack of time I consider selling my assembled dac with psu. I tested it once with no sound, but I am really not even sure if all connections were put together right. 99% soldering is good, I suspect only xo not to be soldered as pads were too small (most difficult part), but as I said- everything soldered with V values being correct. I have no time to play with diy now, but need music , so instead I ll buy other assembled dac, sort of swapping devices.
Plus I build filter buffer (JG) to go with Subbu.
Basically, if interest is here, I ll post pics of devices, PM me with offer.
If no, I ll wait till time allows and finish it :)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.