• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Power Supply PCB for ES9023 / WM8804 S/PDIF DAC Group Buy

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Finished mine today, took me just a little over 3 hours to do it.
Still have to test them though. :p

Regards

Attachments

• DAC9023_PS.jpg
    DAC9023_PS.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 320
Increasing current delivery to 0.5mA?

With a larger transformer you can supply 0.5 A. I guess it should be an off board transformer then or maybe a 5 VA version exists that fits on the board ? When using an off board transformer please use safe wiring to the PCB or go straight from the transformers primaries to the fused IEC receptacle.

Now you do the math for the current limiting resistor ;) PCB tracks are quite wide but we havent tested the PCB for 1 A (or more) for instance. You are on your own trying stuff out.

I want to use one of my PS boards to supply 0.5mA. I looked at the LM723N datasheet and it indicates to use the formula
Ilimit = Vsense / Rsc for the 2-7v output level
R5 is Rsc, but what is Vsense ? Please pardon my complete ignorance, I just want to figure out what size current limiting resistor to use to get a 0.5mA PS. I got a slightly over-sized 0.8mA 9v potted transformer mounted externally to power the PS.

Thanks.

Disabled Account
Joined 2002
Hi I think you mean 800 mA or 0.8 A. Vsense is 0.6 V.

Please be aware that you definitely will need a large heatsink and that this power supply was not meant for more than 0.5 A current nor was it tested for more than 0.5 A current. We made it exclusively for the DAC.

I will make the next version more versatile like with an onboard heatsink (if there will be a next revision). I just finalized 2 of the PSUs this weekend and the results are so good that I wish there would be a negative version of LM723.

Oh BTW LM723 is finally out of production now. Just found out when I ordered some.

Last edited:
Hi I think you mean 800 mA or 0.8 A. Vsense is 0.6 V.
Yes! Thanks.
Please be aware that you definitely will need a large heatsink and that this power supply was not meant for more than 0.5 A current nor was it tested for more than 0.5 A current. We made it exclusively for the DAC.
I will get the smaller transformer, I can always use the .8A for something else!
I will make the next version more versatile like with an onboard heatsink (if there will be a next revision). I just finalized 2 of the PSUs this weekend and the results are so good that I wish there would be a negative version of LM723.
And compact! A next version for higher current supply would be most welcomed... ;)
Oh BTW LM723 is finally out of production now. Just found out when I ordered some.
Yes, when I went to Mouser to get the datasheet it was marked obsolete...

Just when I thought the right package was delivered it turned out to be a new bank card :mad:

Tome, did you already solder one ? Please tell me how you like it.

Sorry for my late reply but I wasn't active on Diy forum last month.
Yes i built one and here is pics for my near finished DAC. I use Hammond aluminium case and I'm very happy with results.

Attachments

• DAC1.jpg
    DAC1.jpg
    733.8 KB · Views: 220
  • 723.jpg
    723.jpg
    877.2 KB · Views: 217
  • DAC2.jpg
    DAC2.jpg
    604.8 KB · Views: 208
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.