• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Paradise phono stage part GB

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Praticaly
Option 1 get a few friends togheter and buy new batch of transistors
Mauser sell 1000 pieces of fairchilds for £30 (if luky you get Hfe needed as is just pot luck)

Option 2 find friend near you that can spare same

Option 3
Send me same of yours BC337-40 with Hi Hfe 540 and I will send you same BC327-40
with similar Hfe

As Joachim say only imput stage benefit from hi Hfe the rest can be done with less.

Did you PM?

Did anyone take a brief look at the OPA134 from the GB?
The lower one is a OPA2134 which is for sure genuine (TI sample), the upper one is from the GB. To me, this looks rather suspicious as the BB logo isn't even close to what it should be.

Attachments

• bb_op_600.jpg
    bb_op_600.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 302
Okay, perhaps they're fine. Time will tell.

Birger, good to have you here. I have some questions regarding the parts you delivered:

-I have some capacitors I don't know where to put: 4x100p 2,5%, 4x220p 2,5%, 4x47p 10%. What to do with those?
-The 4700µF/16V caps don't fit - they are 5mm, the board ist for 7.5 mm grid.
-The 4700µF and 6800µF caps obviously aren't Panasonic as promised.
-I got four 2k trimmers that won't work: wrong footprint, knob not on top
-Got a ton of -25 bipolars, not -40. I know this has been addressed before.
-I am short one J109

Any idea how to fix this?

The 6800/4700 I have got are seemingly genuine Panasonic FR - they should be as good as the FM, but also my 4700s have only 5mm footprint.
But I have not found any opamp... both seem to be missing.
As I am throughly grateful for the effort of the group buy, it seems to me that many of us have to do parts shopping nevertheless.

Me too - but what to do?

Many parts have to be bought (again) which is definitely no reason why there was a group buy at first place. I have not checked all my parts yet, but the missing ones I have already listed dropped my mood significantly. Tomorrow I have to count and sort all parts and figure out how to proceed.

Joined 2005
Paid Member
Did anyone take a brief look at the OPA134 from the GB?
The lower one is a OPA2134 which is for sure genuine (TI sample), the upper one is from the GB. To me, this looks rather suspicious as the BB logo isn't even close to what it should be.

mine (that I used in Paradise R1) look like the upper part, and are genuinge parts (I think I bought them at Farnell). Work like a charm - not that I listen much to R1 these days ;-)

Joined 2005
Paid Member
Me too - but what to do?

Many parts have to be bought (again) which is definitely no reason why there was a group buy at first place. I have not checked all my parts yet, but the missing ones I have already listed dropped my mood significantly. Tomorrow I have to count and sort all parts and figure out how to proceed.

Sorry to hear that.... I did receive the three big parcels from Birger, full with plastic bags that contained the parts for one stereo set, so it was quite easy for me - just put as many bags in the parcel as needed. Obviously I didnt check the content of each bag.....

-I have some capacitors I don't know where to put: 4x100p 2,5%, 4x220p 2,5%, 4x47p 10%. What to do with those?

they are for the multicap

-The 4700µF/16V caps don't fit - they are 5mm, the board ist for 7.5 mm grid.

Alfred wanted to change Footprint size actually

-The 4700µF and 6800µF caps obviously aren't Panasonic as promised.

Why? I told you that I will buy the panasonic fr

the missing transistor i will send you.
please send me your adress.

Hi Birger,
thank you for your reply.
First: We all want to handle this in a calm and professional way, not reason to get excited or even mad. So let's get this sorted out.

Regarding Panasonic FR: Those blue Caps you sent (6800 and 4700 µF) - are those Panasonic FR?
I have no idea, there's no manufacturer marking on it, and I have never seen a Panasonic cap without "Panasonic" written on it, but perhaps they don't do it anymore. You tell me.

Sending me a J109 is fine, I'll PM you my address. What about the four wrong trim pots?

Hi Holger,

i at least have no reason to doubt they are Panasonic FR. The last group buy i did run for some XOno-Clones also did include Panasonic FR. Apart from the plastic bags the caps came in, there has been no sign of Panasonic written anywhere onto the caps. BTW, in one bag from Birger i got FM instead of FR (most probably suppliers ran out of stock?) and they don't carry a panasonic mark on them either. So it seems panasonic definitely changed their way of marking caps.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.