• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Paradise phono stage

Al, the standard BOM hasn't changed. If I were you I'd shoot for 1% matching on the input stage.

There is a shunt stability mod for anyone experiencing HF oscillation, 2 470n film caps as shown below. (ignore the electros).

26057002053_6b800fbc37_b.jpg

Thanks SQ. Much appreciated.

One other question, if I may: Where can I find performance (noise and distortion) data for this design?

Al, the standard BOM hasn't changed. If I were you I'd shoot for 1% matching on the input stage.

There is a shunt stability mod for anyone experiencing HF oscillation, 2 470n film caps as shown below. (ignore the electros).

Michael Böresen made all the simulations. He should have the Data.
By the way, at the beginning on MPP i made a phono with AD797, although a special circuit. The performance was flawless. Still many think here that the discrete Paradise sounds better. I gave many reasons why that could be. Excuse me that i do not want to repete myself 100 times. We turned every stone here, the over 10.000 posts show.

I'm a 'bit' late starting on my Paradise but I'm just about to start pulling together the parts for the main board and Calvins and have a few questions before I start shooting off orders.

• Is the BOM R31, 30.04.2014 still the latest up-to-date version?
  • Any parts substitutions I should be aware of (for unavailable parts etc...)
  • For the LED's; I have a bag of >KingBright L-7104LGD< in the parts box. Are these suitable?

I'm slowly rereading the entire thread and hope to start ordering parts this weekend.

Joined 2006
Paid Member
Hello Joachim

Still trying to understand the paradise schematic and need your input.

There are two voltage references that provide VCASCH and VCASCL.

The are made with a ccs and a zener in each case.

R11 Q97 D2 and R10 Q98 D1

What is the purpose of such a circuit ? In my simulations the circuit works perfectly without these subcircuits......

BTW.... Good sound in the MOC this year.... love your speakers :)

Ricardo