• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Paradise phono stage

diyAudio Chief Moderator
Joined 2002
Paid Member
Temp is Weller 700F (700 degree Fahrenheit = 371.1111111 degree Celsius) I do not think it is that precise :) see Online Conversion - Temperature Conversion

I got proper Metcal tips but ROHS never gave me the finish and flow of eutectic leaded solders. I just asked for the M.Dorf specifics. Silver enhances the metallurgical bond in absence of lead, you were right to mention.

What they removed in lead, worse toxicity they added in aggressive flux for the operator. What are the impressions with your new DS2072?

About the DS2102 (not DS2072 :)). I'm real happy with it. As I never used a DSO before, it takes a lot of time to get used to it. For 'real'-time de-bugging I think the standard (mine is a Tektronix 2252 100 MHz 4ch) scope more.

But, OTH, for analyzing a working circuit it is real great, having 12bit A/D available is a great bonus, for measurement precision. The FFT's produced look great! The very large screen helps also :)

Overall, I'm real happy with it and would recommend the DS2102 to everyone :)

diyAudio Chief Moderator
Joined 2002
Paid Member
To me,
Lead is not only a problem for the user,
but the whole production chain from mining
over processing to dealing with recycling or waste.
Im smoking about 50 cigareetes a day and been working
in some foundrys for years so poison is not an issue...:eek:

For train like reflow ovens in mass production and tons of product per hour in the world is major stuff, but for the hobbyist without fume extraction facilities, few grams of lead solder a year is not environmentally heavy. Few eclectics with paradise boards won't be stock piling the recycle industry like passed gen Iphones any time soon either. And saves the more toxic fumes of ROHS for the hobbyist. Of course you got metal plated inside by now, no worries.:D

diyAudio Chief Moderator
Joined 2002
Paid Member
About the DS2102 (not DS2072 :)). I'm real happy with it. As I never used a DSO before, it takes a lot of time to get used to it. For 'real'-time de-bugging I think the standard (mine is a Tektronix 2252 100 MHz 4ch) scope more.

But, OTH, for analyzing a working circuit it is real great, having 12bit A/D available is a great bonus, for measurement precision. The FFT's produced look great! The very large screen helps also :)

Overall, I'm real happy with it and would recommend the DS2102 to everyone :)

How much is noise RMS at 500uV sens for full out bandwidth and 20MHz limit with the crock clip shorting the probe's tip?

For train like reflow ovens in mass production and tons of product per hour in the world is major stuff, but for the hobbyist without fume extraction facilities, few grams of lead solder a year is not environmentally heavy. Few eclectics with paradise boards won't be stock piling the recycle industry like passed gen Iphones any time soon either. And saves the more toxic fumes of ROHS for the hobbyist. Of course you got metal plated inside by now, no worries.:D

I second that :)

Last edited:
That one is a 200MHz Dave's playing with. I wonder if the slower models are any quieter for us analogue low signal level buffs.

The one 100Mhz one or the 70Mhz one are the same, they only have a fixed analog filter. The filter is not software controlled and you cannot upgrade (like in the previous models) the bandwidth. When bandwidth limited to 20Mhz I doubt that you will see the/a difference between the 200 and the 70Mhz versions. I will produce that picture.