• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Paradise phono stage

:) hahaha, anyhow the young Karajan achieved a lot while the later works lack from the fact that perfection was the wrong goal for him. I'm not sure if there is one recording of Carlos Kleiber conducting the 9th but if so I have to get it. His interpretation of Beethoven's 7th Symphony is more than sizzling it's a true masterpiece.

We are going off-topic ... this thread is on hardware and I'm glad to see that users here still listen to music instead of only creating new audio toys. Can't wait for Christmas time in Paradise!

Joined 2005
Paid Member
Short update: We met with heinz1 and friend_of_tubes yesterday, while the sun was shining outside, to make you guys happy so we hope you'll appreciate...

The first picture shows all the material, and I also brought along my Paradise R2 (which friend_of_tubes took home afterwards, looking forward to his impressions!) and the Paradise R1 boards just for looking a little bit... The second pictures shows them at work.

MANY MANY THANKS to heinz1 and friend_of_tubes for their generous help, we spent 6 hrs (!) sorting and packing the material into 240 individual boxes....

Unfortunately the parts have not yet arrived, but that should be any day now. I plan on posting the parcels in the next days, please bear with me a little longer.... we are getting there....

Attachments

• packing1.jpg
    packing1.jpg
    530.3 KB · Views: 509
  • packing2.jpg
    packing2.jpg
    574.7 KB · Views: 496
Joined 2005
Paid Member
Excellent Hesner..and your friends! Many thanks!

What on Earth are those speakers in the window??

these are lamps that were considered leading-edge design in the seventies or some other horrible decade ;-(

(we have been doing this in an empty office where I work, convenient to receive all the stuff and process it there, without having to "discuss" with the wife.....)

on the road to Paradise ...

Short update: We met with heinz1 and friend_of_tubes yesterday, while the sun was shining outside, to make you guys happy so we hope you'll appreciate.......

Yes, indeed, I appreciate your current effort and previous work and thank you for this excellent good news!
Very many thanks also to the supporting volunteers.

I'm really curious regarding the promise formulated in the builders thread: "In fact, the R3 should be a breeze to build."
That would be too nice for me, as I'm not yet experienced in these things. Thanks again and all the best,
ui2

Hi there,

hesener gave me the last edition of the paradise phono for listening.

I have to say I'm deeply impressed of the sound came from these 2 little boards.
An amazing bass response - you will not always find in a phono-pre - tested by the ultravox song "vienna", clear highs and very nice sounding mids shown by Duke Ellingtons "Anatomy of a murder" (the mfsl-edition I'm happy to own).

Today I have spent many hours in front of the turntable with a broad smile on the face, espeacially the dynamic range is astonishing. I always thought that will be only a domain of tube amplified music. Well, now I've learned another lesson.

The paradise shows, and that is not easy to explain in english, the silence between the musical instruments, which many phono stages have the intention to do, but many of them fail and sound fatigable.

No, hesener gave me no money for writing these lines. This is only a very good phono-pre and I will say thank you to Joachim Gerhard for the development and Holger Barske for the announcement of the paradise-phono on his blog,

The only thing I'm looking forward down-faced: I have to give these good working boards back to hesener and I first have to build the paradise on my own, to enjoy it again ;-)

Cheers
Martin

Well more than 25 years than I left 4000 and so records behind and forgot about Ultravox got Vienna this morrow and HAVE HAD TO LISTEN TO IT .

I Don't think Hessener would need to give money away for this kind of rewiew.

Maybe one won't really hear titillating sounds but T before fingers fully closes on flutes is hard to do but not for Paradise.

PS I do understand that English humour may be difficult to get at times add to this that I can't do it well and it may explain a few things....

Joined 2005
Paid Member
Thats great, I am happy you like the sound!! No, I did not pay him, I confirm... But at some point I will want to have it back! Enjoy for now....

Just to set one thing straight - this is not MY phonostage as such. This work has been created by a team of very clever and experienced people, my contribution was layout and handling the group buy, thats it - I havent contributed at design level and that's good, I might only have made it worse ;-)

Joined 2005
Paid Member
The sound of the singers nipples scratching against the shirt, without being masked by other sounds:D

I like that.... reminds me of some other guy (sorry forgot the name) who built full range electrostatic speakers, and his description of the sound included (if I remember correctly):

"Now I can not only hear Diana (Krall) but almost smell her..."

Not sure if what he wanted to say is a good or bad thing - might be a different story for live recordings...

;-)))))