Paradise phono stage - Page 77 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Commercial Sector > Group Buys

Group Buys Members group buys

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 8th November 2012, 09:08 AM   #761
FdW is offline FdW  Netherlands
diyAudio Member
 
FdW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Both feet on the ground (near Gouda)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Salas View Post
Lead free... At what temperature you set the station for that one?
Temp is Weller 700F (700 degree Fahrenheit = 371.1111111 degree Celsius) I do not think it is that precise see Online Conversion - Temperature Conversion
  Reply With Quote
Old 8th November 2012, 09:13 AM   #762
diyAudio Member
 
Benedetto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Knifetown-Germoney
To me,
Lead is not only a problem for the user,
but the whole production chain from mining
over processing to dealing with recycling or waste.
Im smoking about 50 cigareetes a day and been working
in some foundrys for years so poison is not an issue...
__________________
preregulatorpeterE-MAIL
  Reply With Quote
Old 8th November 2012, 09:15 AM   #763
Salas is online now Salas  Greece
diyAudio Chief Moderator
 
Salas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Athens-Greece
Quote:
Originally Posted by FdW View Post
Temp is Weller 700F (700 degree Fahrenheit = 371.1111111 degree Celsius) I do not think it is that precise see Online Conversion - Temperature Conversion
I got proper Metcal tips but ROHS never gave me the finish and flow of eutectic leaded solders. I just asked for the M.Dorf specifics. Silver enhances the metallurgical bond in absence of lead, you were right to mention.
  Reply With Quote
Old 8th November 2012, 09:17 AM   #764
FdW is offline FdW  Netherlands
diyAudio Member
 
FdW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Both feet on the ground (near Gouda)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Salas View Post
What they removed in lead, worse toxicity they added in aggressive flux for the operator. What are the impressions with your new DS2072?
About the DS2102 (not DS2072 ). I'm real happy with it. As I never used a DSO before, it takes a lot of time to get used to it. For 'real'-time de-bugging I think the standard (mine is a Tektronix 2252 100 MHz 4ch) scope more.

But, OTH, for analyzing a working circuit it is real great, having 12bit A/D available is a great bonus, for measurement precision. The FFT's produced look great! The very large screen helps also

Overall, I'm real happy with it and would recommend the DS2102 to everyone
  Reply With Quote
Old 8th November 2012, 09:18 AM   #765
diyAudio Member
 
Benedetto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Knifetown-Germoney
Quote:
Originally Posted by Salas View Post
I got proper Metcal tips but ROHS never gave me the finish of eutectic leaded solders.
This much is true.
But once everything is done, nobody will notice that.
__________________
preregulatorpeterE-MAIL
  Reply With Quote
Old 8th November 2012, 09:19 AM   #766
FdW is offline FdW  Netherlands
diyAudio Member
 
FdW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Both feet on the ground (near Gouda)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Salas View Post
What they removed in lead, worse toxicity they added in aggressive flux for the operator. What are the impressions with your new DS2072?
At the least you can get rid of these fumes by using a flux-capacitor, a bit hard to get though

Also useable for other purposes http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MaVh33B4hNc

Last edited by FdW; 8th November 2012 at 09:46 AM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 8th November 2012, 09:27 AM   #767
Salas is online now Salas  Greece
diyAudio Chief Moderator
 
Salas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Athens-Greece
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benedetto View Post
To me,
Lead is not only a problem for the user,
but the whole production chain from mining
over processing to dealing with recycling or waste.
Im smoking about 50 cigareetes a day and been working
in some foundrys for years so poison is not an issue...
For train like reflow ovens in mass production and tons of product per hour in the world is major stuff, but for the hobbyist without fume extraction facilities, few grams of lead solder a year is not environmentally heavy. Few eclectics with paradise boards won't be stock piling the recycle industry like passed gen Iphones any time soon either. And saves the more toxic fumes of ROHS for the hobbyist. Of course you got metal plated inside by now, no worries.
  Reply With Quote
Old 8th November 2012, 09:31 AM   #768
Salas is online now Salas  Greece
diyAudio Chief Moderator
 
Salas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Athens-Greece
Quote:
Originally Posted by FdW View Post
About the DS2102 (not DS2072 ). I'm real happy with it. As I never used a DSO before, it takes a lot of time to get used to it. For 'real'-time de-bugging I think the standard (mine is a Tektronix 2252 100 MHz 4ch) scope more.

But, OTH, for analyzing a working circuit it is real great, having 12bit A/D available is a great bonus, for measurement precision. The FFT's produced look great! The very large screen helps also

Overall, I'm real happy with it and would recommend the DS2102 to everyone
How much is noise RMS at 500uV sens for full out bandwidth and 20MHz limit with the crock clip shorting the probe's tip?
  Reply With Quote
Old 8th November 2012, 09:38 AM   #769
FdW is offline FdW  Netherlands
diyAudio Member
 
FdW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Both feet on the ground (near Gouda)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Salas View Post
For train like reflow ovens in mass production and tons of product per hour in the world is major stuff, but for the hobbyist without fume extraction facilities, few grams of lead solder a year is not environmentally heavy. Few eclectics with paradise boards won't be stock piling the recycle industry like passed gen Iphones any time soon either. And saves the more toxic fumes of ROHS for the hobbyist. Of course you got metal plated inside by now, no worries.
I second that
  Reply With Quote
Old 8th November 2012, 09:41 AM   #770
FdW is offline FdW  Netherlands
diyAudio Member
 
FdW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Both feet on the ground (near Gouda)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Salas View Post
How much is noise RMS at 500uV sens for full out and 20MHz limit with the crock clip shorting the probe's tip?
As soon as time permits I will produce a picture, in the time that you are waiting have a look at this EEVblog #369 - Rigol DS2000 Oscilloscope Playing Around - YouTube at this time (in the video) http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...55StMak#t=667s

Last edited by FdW; 8th November 2012 at 09:44 AM.
  Reply With Quote

Reply


Hide this!Advertise here!
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
12az7a phono stage-12ay7a line stage tubenut33 Analog Line Level 1 23rd July 2011 10:44 PM
New Phono Stage Lee35210 Pass Labs 7 19th February 2009 02:30 PM
DIY phono to replace roksan phono stage seroxatmad Analog Line Level 6 14th December 2008 05:46 PM
new phono stage or old preamp with phono? flohmann Analog Line Level 2 2nd October 2008 09:51 PM
Should I replace Scott 222C phono stage with Claret phono stage? Bing Yang Analogue Source 0 22nd August 2005 06:41 AM


New To Site? Need Help?

All times are GMT. The time now is 01:02 PM.


vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright 1999-2014 diyAudio

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2