Go Back   Home > Forums > Commercial Sector > Group Buys

Group Buys Members group buys

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 5th November 2012, 07:48 PM   #731
hesener is offline hesener  Germany
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Munich, Germany
Quote:
Originally Posted by Salas View Post
I should be expecting it very soon then.
just got an email from DHL, titled "intermediate report", that the investigation will take a little more time..... I just should have given it to somebody at the airport, ready to board a plane to greece, and ask the person to post it for me there.... sigh....

maybe there is another courier service for greece thats more reliable?
  Reply With Quote
Old 5th November 2012, 07:53 PM   #732
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
mhm, i did not hear anything since i paypaled the money. hope this changes with the last batch
stefan
  Reply With Quote
Old 5th November 2012, 08:08 PM   #733
Salas is offline Salas  Greece
diyAudio Chief Moderator
 
Salas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Athens-Greece
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benedetto View Post
I've experienced similar issues on DHL-Tracking System.
Delivery is usually quicker than Tracking.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hesener View Post
just got an email from DHL, titled "intermediate report", that the investigation will take a little more time..... I just should have given it to somebody at the airport, ready to board a plane to greece, and ask the person to post it for me there.... sigh....

maybe there is another courier service for greece thats more reliable?
Must be some new DHL DOH, I remember it OK service but I have to experience it long time, last time I got something light machining gear from Germany was with UPS economy service at same as DHL pricing for the weight and they knew to say late working hours day Thursday is delivery, a week before, on the day they registered it. So it happened. Big companies with lots of send outs maybe have a better pricing for UPS to match general DHL pricing for the public. DHL will come to the local post office, UPS is to your door.
  Reply With Quote
Old 5th November 2012, 08:13 PM   #734
diyAudio Member
 
d to the g's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: minimalopolis
Maybe instead of tracking, use geomancy?
  Reply With Quote
Old 5th November 2012, 08:20 PM   #735
Salas is offline Salas  Greece
diyAudio Chief Moderator
 
Salas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Athens-Greece
It will pop up tomorrow or the day after now we chanted it in the forum.
  Reply With Quote
Old 5th November 2012, 10:45 PM   #736
AVWERK is offline AVWERK  United States
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: OC,Calif.
Just got my boards!
Thank you for your efforts!

Regards
David
  Reply With Quote
Old 6th November 2012, 08:32 AM   #737
RCruz is offline RCruz  Switzerland
diyAudio Member
 
RCruz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Wallis
Blog Entries: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Salas View Post
Must be some new DHL DOH, I remember it OK service but I have to experience it long time, last time I got something light machining gear from Germany was with UPS economy service at same as DHL pricing for the weight and they knew to say late working hours day Thursday is delivery, a week before, on the day they registered it. So it happened. Big companies with lots of send outs maybe have a better pricing for UPS to match general DHL pricing for the public. DHL will come to the local post office, UPS is to your door.
Strangely I have exactly the inverse experience.
DHL manages to follow scheduled times and always delivers stuff to my door in Switzerland.

UPS never found my house and always left the packages at the post office.
__________________
RC
  Reply With Quote
Old 6th November 2012, 08:44 AM   #738
nr12 is offline nr12  Germany
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Schwaben
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCruz View Post
UPS never found my house and always left the packages at the post office.
Hermes is even better, when they don't find a house, they write a postcard to the receiver...

They hope that good old "deutshce Post" knows how to find the house.
  Reply With Quote
Old 7th November 2012, 06:43 AM   #739
Salas is offline Salas  Greece
diyAudio Chief Moderator
 
Salas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Athens-Greece
It came today! Alfred, that was a roomy packing box. Thanks.
  Reply With Quote
Old 7th November 2012, 09:12 AM   #740
hesener is offline hesener  Germany
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Munich, Germany
Quote:
Originally Posted by Salas View Post
It came today! Alfred, that was a roomy packing box. Thanks.
Glad (and relieved) to hear that! Got a reply from DHL today, after a lot of insisting, the email was so full of perfume it made my computer stink, but essentially no new information ("we are investigating the case and will forward to the responsible person once more")........

happy building
  Reply With Quote

Reply


Hide this!Advertise here!
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
12az7a phono stage-12ay7a line stage tubenut33 Analog Line Level 1 23rd July 2011 10:44 PM
New Phono Stage Lee35210 Pass Labs 7 19th February 2009 02:30 PM
DIY phono to replace roksan phono stage seroxatmad Analog Line Level 6 14th December 2008 05:46 PM
new phono stage or old preamp with phono? flohmann Analog Line Level 2 2nd October 2008 09:51 PM
Should I replace Scott 222C phono stage with Claret phono stage? Bing Yang Analogue Source 0 22nd August 2005 06:41 AM


New To Site? Need Help?

All times are GMT. The time now is 07:54 PM.


vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright 1999-2014 diyAudio

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2