Go Back   Home > Forums > Commercial Sector > Group Buys

Group Buys Members group buys

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 4th October 2012, 12:56 PM   #571
diyAudio Member

Send a message via MSN to sq225917
That looks like a huge task. Where can I send beer?
Old 4th October 2012, 01:53 PM   #572
hesener is offline hesener  Germany
diyAudio Member

;-)))

its Oktoberfest (beer festival) right now in munich, so there is enough of that stuff in town for the moment....
Old 6th October 2012, 04:23 PM   #573
diyAudio Member

Hi there,

hesener gave me the last edition of the paradise phono for listening.

I have to say I'm deeply impressed of the sound came from these 2 little boards.
An amazing bass response - you will not always find in a phono-pre - tested by the ultravox song "vienna", clear highs and very nice sounding mids shown by Duke Ellingtons "Anatomy of a murder" (the mfsl-edition I'm happy to own).

Today I have spent many hours in front of the turntable with a broad smile on the face, espeacially the dynamic range is astonishing. I always thought that will be only a domain of tube amplified music. Well, now I've learned another lesson.

The paradise shows, and that is not easy to explain in english, the silence between the musical instruments, which many phono stages have the intention to do, but many of them fail and sound fatigable.

No, hesener gave me no money for writing these lines. This is only a very good phono-pre and I will say thank you to Joachim Gerhard for the development and Holger Barske for the announcement of the paradise-phono on his blog,

The only thing I'm looking forward down-faced: I have to give these good working boards back to hesener and I first have to build the paradise on my own, to enjoy it again ;-)

Cheers
Martin
Old 6th October 2012, 05:04 PM   #574
diyAudio Member

Thanks Martin. That made my day. You could not put it better and i got the same results.
Exceptional bass, quiet, dynamic and a lot of color shades.
Old 8th October 2012, 11:33 AM   #575
diyAudio Member

Hello,

thanks for the nice description. I am really looking forward to build this pre some time next year.
I just recently finished an aleph ono clone, but the Paradise sounds really promissing.

Thanks a lot to Hesener, Joachim Gerhard and all the other folks involved in this project.

cheers, tom
Old 8th October 2012, 03:13 PM   #576
pdul is offline pdul  Denmark
diyAudio Member

Any updates from the package factory?
Old 8th October 2012, 03:24 PM   #577
pdul is offline pdul  Denmark
diyAudio Member

Quote:
The paradise shows, and that is not easy to explain in english, the silence between the musical instruments, which many phono stages have the intention to do, but many of them fail and sound fatigable
The sound of the singers nipples scratching against the shirt, without being masked by other sounds
Old 8th October 2012, 07:23 PM   #578
diyAudio Member

Well more than 25 years than I left 4000 and so records behind and forgot about Ultravox got Vienna this morrow and HAVE HAD TO LISTEN TO IT .

I Don't think Hessener would need to give money away for this kind of rewiew.

Maybe one won't really hear titillating sounds but T before fingers fully closes on flutes is hard to do but not for Paradise.

PS I do understand that English humour may be difficult to get at times add to this that I can't do it well and it may explain a few things....
Old 9th October 2012, 12:34 PM   #579
diyAudio Member

Thats great, I am happy you like the sound!! No, I did not pay him, I confirm... But at some point I will want to have it back! Enjoy for now....

Just to set one thing straight - this is not MY phonostage as such. This work has been created by a team of very clever and experienced people, my contribution was layout and handling the group buy, thats it - I havent contributed at design level and that's good, I might only have made it worse ;-)
Old 9th October 2012, 12:37 PM   #580
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdul View Post
The sound of the singers nipples scratching against the shirt, without being masked by other sounds
I like that.... reminds me of some other guy (sorry forgot the name) who built full range electrostatic speakers, and his description of the sound included (if I remember correctly):

"Now I can not only hear Diana (Krall) but almost smell her..."

Not sure if what he wanted to say is a good or bad thing - might be a different story for live recordings...

;-)))))

Hide this!Advertise here!