• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Paradise phono stage

Thanks RollE2k! I already have the PCB and heatsinks from a friend who did not have the courage to complete the build, but Farnell do not stock all the parts I am looking for. Where to go for better caps and resistors?

Farnell do stock wyelvin 0.1% IMO bit more melow than IRC I tried.

IRC resistor I tried came to about £160

Ask Simon as he did listen to it if is worth it

IMO a few Zfoils around the RIAA may do prety well (not tried so far)
worth the effort? yes as long as one also matches left and right and positive and negative sides

Farnell do stock wyelvin 0.1% IMO bit more melow than IRC I tried.

IRC resistor I tried came to about £160

Ask Simon as he did listen to it if is worth it

IMO a few Zfoils around the RIAA may do prety well (not tried so far)
worth the effort? yes as long as one also matches left and right and positive and negative sides

I have built with all 0.1% parts from Farnell and Mouser. Mix of Vishay and Welwyn. Bought BC327/337's from SOS but watch out for their minimum order.

Val

I think matching is more profitable instead of using expensive, exotic parts.

Hence why using 0.1% resistors - the IRC isn't that expensive either. Also as the cartridge loading the matching isn't that important 1% is more than enough.

The biggest problem with Paradise i think is getting the transistors tightly matched - and i think that is where most people will have their "bottleneck" in this amp. Will start hfe matching my 300+300 transistors myself today, hopefully that will be enough.

By the way, just took a test of 10pcs of 337-transistors and they were all quite high hfe = 500-590 (most around 550), if i would get oscillation later with these transistors because of high hfe - is the caps below the pcb the fix or would it be better buying Another batch?
Have anybody built with high-hfe input stage?

By the way, just took a test of 10pcs of 337-transistors and they were all quite high hfe = 500-590 (most around 550), if i would get oscillation later with these transistors because of high hfe - is the caps below the pcb the fix or would it be better buying Another batch?
Have anybody built with high-hfe input stage?

From which brand did you get these high hfe parts??
Thanks..

By the way - when matching with the circuit in the guide, i always see the voltage (mV) rising slowly while having the multimeter over the parallell 1K resistors, even and backs when removing the multimeter. i take it the value from the start is the value i want, and that the multimeter in some way makes the the voltage rise during measuring?

Hello!

I checked now - they are magnetical - is this really a big deal?

Regards,
Robert

I`m afraid to admit that anything ferrus within the circuit will impose it`s signature on the sound..
Experts say that even the chasis of the instrument,if it`s magnetic will degrade the sound...
I think there must be a better part for the paradise then the BC327/337 .