• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Paradise phono stage

Joined 2005
Paid Member
Hi,

I have reviewed the BOM and have some questions regarding some parts:

1) C93: Which voltage should the capacitor have?
2) The Metal Film Resistors RM10. Should they be 1/4Watt, 1/2 Watt or higher?

That's it for now. Many thanks for your help.

regards, Tom

Hi Tom,

1) C93 will see 36V so with a 50V cap you should be fine
2) I have never checked the power dissipation of the resistors, but 0.25W should be fine for all of them. I used 0.6W, mostly because I had them, but also because research shows that thermal variation can cause distortion, so bigger is better I think (this may not be entirely accurate but works for me :D )

Please note the "Paradise Builders" thread may be the better place to ask these questions:

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/analogue-source/218625-paradise-builders-25.html

happy building

Joined 2005
Paid Member
Many thanks Holger for your help

In fact, not all parcels are on their way (I am only human, bear with me....). I still have around 40 parcels sitting there. Additional packing material is arriving tomorrow, and with a little bit of luck I should be able to get it all packed up until the end of this week. DHL will pick up either friday or monday hopefully.

I should be able to send the tracking numbers for the non-german parcels within a couple days as well. No worries, everybody who paid will get their stuff!!

keep the faith :D

Are the corner mounting holes left intentionally blind?
Yes,
Alfred left the choice of screws to the customer.
substance is the whitish pads coating? Could be useful info for best compatible solder type.
I think its kinda Ag, but on mine it seems not really lasting.
Because the holes not soldered yet look more and more copperish.:rolleyes:
Anyway,
they are a Dream to work with !

diyAudio Chief Moderator
Joined 2002
Paid Member
ERSA has good handhelds. They heat up to 450C to battle tip mass slow heat recovery though, so its best to solder each point fast but wait just a bit between points. Also to wet the tip with solder always when idle because the high standby temp oxidizes handhelds faster than stations.