• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Paradise phono stage

This only has to do with the number of pcb one would receive.
hesener named a price in the pm, is it for EACH stereo set or is it the TOTAL per PERSON? Do i have to multiply my number of stereo sets with the amount asked?

Since hesener did not state it in a posting (or did i overlook it) only he can tell.

That is mentioned in post #330:

Many thanks Abraxas, we are now working on this together with heinz1.

Since this morning I have all the new quotes in, and the price for the set has come down dramatically, due to the large volumes. Our new price for 1 set (== 2 PCBs, 2 heatsinks, and the clips) is now 21 euro, almost one third of the starting price !!

(In other words, this phono stage was a real bargain to begin with and is now even cheaper ;-)))

I will contact everybody via PM with instructions how to proceed. IF YOU SUBSCRIBED BUT DID NOT GET A PM WITHIN 7 DAYS please PM me and I will fix this.

Bksabath, Franz, all:
to clarify: I did not draw the comparison. It's from the mpp thread. Did you write anything against this in the mpp thread? And now Ricardo comes to tutor me not to compare apples with oranges. Perhaps it was wrong to post it in the GB but the words came from Ricardo.

Bksabath, Franz, all:
to clarify: I did not draw the comparison. It's from the mpp thread. Did you write anything against this in the mpp thread? And now Ricardo comes to tutor me not to compare apples with oranges. Perhaps it was wrong to post it in the GB but the words came from Ricardo.

And these are all people with an long (and trusted) involvement in the Paradise, that gives them some (even a lot) leeway. Also it was not intended, as stated, on its own, these kind of words should not be taken out of there context.

Bksabath, Franz, all:

I was very annoyed by your post not only by the comments but also by the fact that you do so without having heard the Paradise.

So far this and the related treads have been free from this kind of nonsense
Can we keep it this way please?

About you comments and picking on Ricardo you should get your fact straight.
I started posting about the sound stage of Paradise compared out of memory, I was quite clear that I did not a back to back listening, with the Simplistic

They are 2 different Phono stages and yes a far as I remember the Simplistic sound stage is wider but I also wrote that I could not listen to same records on the Simplistic "as useful as a Frisbee" as they where really poorly recorded

Ricardo confirmed my impressions.

(One shuld be reasured by this constructive critism towards the paradise as proof of one integrity)

Following this there is quite a bit of work carried out behind the curtains and a few small changes have already been mentioned
To improve on sound stage without effecting other really good qualities of Paradise will be realy difficoult.

So that one liner is big mistake, there is lot more to it and is unfair the way you presented it.

You are in probation as far as I am concerned;)

Joined 2006
Paid Member
The two CCT in question are very different and although both produce outstanding results, these are not directly comparable.

The Paradise is incredibly detailed, ultra low noise and low distortion but does never sound analitical, producing really good results with wathever pressing you throu at it. The subjective results are very difficult to surpass even at commercial stratosferic prices.

It is an inovative design with very distinct solutions from whatever you can find around.
It does not use obsolete difficult to get parts so it is quite inexpensive to build.
It will work at first start for every build ( all flaws where debugged during beta testing).

Hope this clears all doubts about my opinion of the Paradise.

PS: My other riaa preamp also sounds outstanding (different, not better or worse) but was much more difficult to implement... It took me a lot of work to sort out the best part combinations and p2p layout to reach this level of performance.

So it is a totally different affair.