• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Joachim Gerhard Filter Buffer for ES9022

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi All
Well I had a few hours to spar today so I decided to have a go at finishing off the Filter buffer.
It’s been up and running for about 1 hour and it’s sounding very sweet indeed.
The first thing that I noticed at switch on was a much smoother more cultivated top end. I always felt that the 9023 was a little forward and slightly gritty at the top but the buffer seems to have done a nice job on that whilst keeping all of the air and detail.
I’ve been using a buffer with this DAC (DCB1 just as a buffer and MF tube buffer) for quite some time now but this one does a much better job of keeping the sound of the DAC intact.
It also has a little more drive and verve which is nice and seems much less cable sensitive (if there is such a thing:rolleyes:) so maybe it’s handling cable capacitance better than the solo 9023.
OK
Thanks Joachim to for sharing his work with me it’s very generous and keeps the spirit of DIY alive and well.:cool:
Thanks to Patrick for making ideas a reality and for all of the organising skills that he used to get the filter buffer to my door.:cool:
Lastly thanks to WK for his matching and soldering skills without which this project would have been much more difficult.:cool: matching those Jfets must have been a real head ache.:cool:
I built version 3 and have it powered with + -9V Salas shunts.
It was only my second SMD build and TBH at first it was a little eye popping but it’s doable with a little patience but I thank god that I did not have to solder those Jfets.
I like the sound very much:):)
Great work.
Merry Xmas :hohoho::hohoho::hohoho:

Just before it gets lost in all the Batch 1 responses :

Phisci x8 South Africa
hirez69 x6 Italy
Boggy62 x2 France
Swalter 3x Switzerland
CFT 1x HK
tubo 2x USA
Ryssen 1x Sweden
number9 1X USA
BDL x1 Romania
rsotirov2X Canada
supra 1X Australia
syyma x1 USA
wirewiggler x2 USA
Roman M x1 Russia
Stixx 1x Germany
Malvin x1 USA
merlin2069er x1 Canada
potepuh x2 Slovenia
Blitz x2 Germany

Running total 39.
Min. 50 before we shall start a batch 2.

Patrick

Just before it gets lost in all the Batch 1 responses :

Phisci x8 South Africa
hirez69 x6 Italy
Boggy62 x2 France
Swalter 3x Switzerland
CFT 1x HK
tubo 2x USA
Ryssen 1x Sweden
number9 1X USA
BDL x1 Romania
rsotirov2X Canada
supra 1X Australia
syyma x1 USA
wirewiggler x2 USA
Roman M x1 Russia
Stixx 1x Germany
Malvin x1 USA
merlin2069er x1 Canada
potepuh x2 Slovenia
Blitz x2 Germany
Tagheuer x1 Canada

Running total 40.
Min. 50 before we shall start a batch 2.

Patrick

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.