• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Joachim Gerhard Filter Buffer for ES9022

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Joined 2010
Paid Member
bkdog 2x
nopants 2x
misterrogers 1x
yoaudio 1x
RTD 1x
Stixx 2x
truepaul 1x
Bikeman 2x
PJN 2x
Bnorrish 2x
bcmbob 1x
Vegi71 1x EU
androa76 1X
rpafenberg 2X
suburra 1X
outriding 2x
Eric06 2x EU
Peja 1x
Djinn 1x
Cobra2 1x
jayce996 1x
Fusion123 1x
mepper 2x
Boggy62 x1 EU FR
Cmiu007 x4 EU RO
Gooniman x2
freeman x3
SpyNet x1

Running total 44

I believe this is the maximum... anything between 9v to 15V. testimonials said better subjective SQ with +/- 15V... with a reg with a good transcient for best results : difference were heard between different regs with fast transcient.

Have to finish mine and hesitate between a shunt with a Darlington then a self feeding a huge cap (10k uF) and a all in one like the TPSA74 TI chips... with four 100 uF Rubycon ZA caps in both case on the board.

Good luck

Last edited:
I have one of these boards and would like to use it as buffer only, without filter.
It's obvious that I should omit the inductor and R1, but can someone please tell me if I should include R2 and C3?

Attachments

• buffer-wiring.jpg
    buffer-wiring.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 200
Thanks for the info.
Yes, long story; 8 years ago I bought the filter buffer with the intention of building a "premium" ES9022 DAC, but shortly after I increased my budget and got an ES9018 DAC by Quanghao . This DAC is modular, and initially I was going to use your SEN-v18 output stage, but the hardware for 4x 18V power supplies would not fit in the chassis, so I sold the SEN to another forum member, and bought Quanghao's LL1684 transformer output stage.

Just recently I acquired an ICEpower 50ASX2 amplifier, which is sounding good with this DAC, but some say it would be better with a buffer, since the ICEpower has an input impedance lower than what is considered ideal for the DAC's output transformer.

So I will try the buffer, and let my ears decide.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.