• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Potential EUVL F5X Case 2nd Batch, Autumn 2012

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I had the impression that over time all GB attendees for the first batch would get the possibility to get hold of the regulator version of the Power Supply including custom Heat Sinks ??? (identical to what is included in Batch 2)
Am I missing something ???

Last edited:
There has been some questions from Batch 2 subscribers about shipment costs.

We asked for quotes a couple of weeks ago from Fedex, UPS, DHL, etc.
The cheapest quote for 20kg is the number you were given in email, and is dependent on destination.

We have been asked whether there are cheaper options.

In principle we can send as 20kg post parcels by surface mail (about 30% of Fedex).
It will then probably take 2~3 months to arrive in Europe.
And they will not be insured for the amount of the goods.
In addition to that. someone has to take all these 20kg parcels to the post office, write custom documents, ...., and get then sent.
It will cost us work, and time, so we shall have to charge you extra for labour and transport.
That I hope you can understand ...

If you absolutely want to use the post service, then drop WK a email.
But we shall not do this for the USA, as we only have bad experience with the USPS.
We ended up paying 3-digit USD for a small bag of PRP resistors for this GB !!!!

It is ridiculous, these delivery costs, but not much we can do about ..... :(

Patrick

Last edited:
Just to give you another update.

I have been informed that :

1) we finally received all but one payments (namely APK).
2) all devices are matched (quite a few 100 hrs work & no fun) ......
3) all parts are now on hand, and will undergo finally inspection this weekend.

If all goes well, we shall be able to ship real soon.
Sorry to have kept you waiting.
The guys are real busy with daytime work.

Patrick

Last edited:
Many thanks to you Patrick and WK for the attention to detail and all of the work. I think we all know that commercial amplifiers cannot be made with such rigour unless they cost stratospheric sums.

I, for one, am very happy with the timeframes and it is quite quick all things considered!

Ready to ship early next week.

All credit goes to Mark. Many many thanks.

Patrick

Attachments

• F5X 2nd GB.JPG
    F5X 2nd GB.JPG
    114.4 KB · Views: 319
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.