• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Potential EUVL F5X Case 2nd Batch, Autumn 2012

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
No.

Batch 2 is very likely to be the last batch ever.
Too much stress and work for us, not enough reward (in terms of appreciation).
And we end up losing money for every batch. So even for charity, there has to be a limit.

If you are desperate to join, and you can convince us of your DIY capability, we might have a spare set.

Thank you for your interest in any case,
Patrick

PM Sent.
No.

Batch 2 is very likely to be the last batch ever.
Too much stress and work for us, not enough reward (in terms of appreciation).
And we end up losing money for every batch. So even for charity, there has to be a limit.

If you are desperate to join, and you can convince us of your DIY capability, we might have a spare set.

Patrick

What has been offered for Batch 2 is listed here :

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/grou...case-2nd-batch-autumn-2012-a.html#post3044430

Please take your time to read this, the F5X and the F5X Build thread properly first, before you sign in.
The GB has already been closed, and the parts almost finished.
So you are on "waiting" list, to see if the extra's we made are all good or rejects (i.e. spare sets).
And we would like to be convinced of your DIY capability (so that we do not end up spoon feeding).

Patrick

What has been offered for Batch 2 is listed here :

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/grou...case-2nd-batch-autumn-2012-a.html#post3044430

Please take your time to read this, the F5X and the F5X Build thread properly first, before you sign in.
The GB has already been closed, and the parts almost finished.
So you are on "waiting" list, to see if the extra's we made are all good or rejects (i.e. spare sets).
And we would like to be convinced of your DIY capability (so that we do not end up spoon feeding).

Patrick

Patrick, I am a keen DIY-er, I built my first power amp 30 yrs ago using Hitachi MOSFETS, so I do not need spoon-feeding. I am building an F5 though I do have a problem with adj BIAS on one channel coz I accidentally shortened a gate to the + rail on one of the MOSFETs, bad sighting I guess.

Both of you gentlemen kindly contact Gogowatch by email with your real name & postal address.
He will give you more details and put you on the waiting list.
This will be the last two we have in reserve, so no more new comers unless we (very unlikely) would do a third batch.

Also suggest you subscribe for everything we offer, as all the others did.

Thanks again for your interest,
Patrick

Another update.

Mechanical parts are ready, as I was told.
FET matching is done, just waiting for computer pairing.
We also have quotes for shipment costs.
New PCBs are alpha tested OK and will be ordered soon.

So won't be long .....

WK will inform you to collect final payment soon. :)

Thank you for your patience,
Patrick

Payment request before shipment

I'm glad that we are in final stage of delivering the cases.

We have a last minute offer, in this shipment, for an option of parts for the regulator,

2x MOSFET Pair (2SK3497+2SJ618)
2x PRP 1K 0.25W Quad

Total x4 MOSFET, x8 Resistors

Price HKD220/case

I'll send payment request of the balance by email shortly. Please let me know if you do not receive by email today.

Shipment will happen in May.

Thank you all for your patience.

Cheers,
WK

The 4x MOSFETs for the regulator are matched at 4A at heat sink temperature (working conditions).
The 8x 1k PRPs are also matched by a precision current source and voltmeter.
We basically just recover cost, matching rejects and labour.

Many many thanks to WK and Mark for all the donkey work.
It is really a lot or work ......

Patrick

If you (or anyone else for that matter) want anything from us that is not a GB, you can make an request by email.
If we can accommodate your request without too much effort, and you have the patience to wait, we shall try to help.

Since we supplied just about everything other then the Conrad sinks, I presume you only want the Conrad sinks.
These you can order from Conrad without machining.

All batch 2 parts are made as sets, so we do not have spare heat sinks lying around, if that is what you are after.
You may contact Mark direct by email and see if he has some cosmetic-defect heat sinks, if you don't mind, that is.
Or whether he can make a pair just for you, with the usual queuing for factory slot and setup charges.

Patrick
(on behalf of the team)

Please also note that while the 2nd batch heat sink from us have the same size and thermal capability (test proven) as the Conrad sinks, they are not identical.
The fin geometry and pitch are slightly different, and our sink are anodised and not powder coated.
So if you wish to have an identical pair as your current ones, the only viable solution is to order from Conrad direct.
Maybe John can help, as he was the contact with Conrad for Batch 1.

Patrick

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.