• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Potential EUVL F5X Case 2nd Batch, Autumn 2012

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
First box opened

Yesterday we found time to open box #1 out of the six boxes we´ve got last week.

The parts are looking really nice and we found them packed with lots of care.

For those who are still waiting for getting their boxes out of the customs I am sharing some pictures for your pleasant anticipation.

Markus

PS: Mark, German customs did not forget us, they never would.:rolleyes:
I´ve got the customs bill from Fedex yesteday.

Attachments

• P1010937.JPG
    P1010937.JPG
    67.3 KB · Views: 318
  • P1010939.JPG
    P1010939.JPG
    65.7 KB · Views: 318
  • P1010951.JPG
    P1010951.JPG
    66.1 KB · Views: 322
One of the changes for batch 2 daughter board

As I begin to populate my boards a couple things have come up concerning the relays called out in the existing BOM.

the relays on the daughter boards are now surface mount components, so rather that the Omron G6K-2PDC12 part, you need the G6K-2F part. Digikey part number is Z113-ND.

Remember, also the 2A relays on the capacitor doubler board are 12v, not 24 volt, as in previous BOM.

Matt

Matt,

Many thanks for pointing that out. Both myself and the two Alpha testers missed those.

As to the relays, you can use both 12V or 24V, depending on what you can get.
The protection board will output 24V. I listed 12V because they are more available.
If you use 12V relays, you should wire them in series to make up 24V and connect as one to the protection board.
One slight advantage is that you can be sure they switch on and off at the same time.
Even though this is also not a must-have for the functioning of the amp.
Just small personal choices.

Hope I explained clearly and did not add to the confusion.

Patrick

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.