• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Amplifier Tasting Group

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Amplifier Tasting Group 1

The Amplifier Tasting Group1 was tasked with ensuring that the world gets to built, experience and rate.

1DIFFQC A job well done :) . Thank you.

The assumption is that this amplifier is among the planets finest amplifiers.

The Amplifier Tasting Group1 comprised 16 members who each donated to subsidize PCB fabrication and voted for the next FREE PCB project amplifier.

100 1DIFFQC PCBs were made

32 went to the 16 members

36 went as free PCBs to diyaudio members

32 were to go to Amplifier Tasting Group 2

Last edited:
taking amplifier engineering to the next level

For this run, there are 5 members already, 11 more needed. Don't be left out in this exciting opportunity. There is nothing like this on this or any other forum!

Its not a hard job. You and 15 others get to approve a PCB design with me supervising and collaborating. With the design approved. I make the 100 PCBs available in 1 week !

Is this fun or what ? You get to be involved in what you like doing ;)

This is a great project to undertake as an individual, a family, a neighbourhood,a group of friends,an audio club...:D

Tell your friends and neighbours about it, get to build fun stuff in one team.:D

Put your name as part of those who changed the face of audio forever :D

Lets not waste the beautiful summer months, lets get started:D

Add it to your CV:D

4 members to go

For a small $20 donation you can join us in this great adventure. Only four members are needed for us to start operations here ;).

These are probably the best amplifiers this part of the galaxy, they will take on any amplifier without a sweat ;), however your opinion is needed to confirm this, kindly join us in this ground breaking research. Lets drive the state of the art forward.

You also get free PCBs ;). Its time you gave your ears a treat ;)

Last edited:
Pre vote winner announcement speech

I take this opportunity to appreciate all of you. I officially declare that the operations of the amplifier tasting group have taken off.:grouphug:

I will now tell you a hanging story where the head and the tail are missing

As the Amplifier Tasting Group begins its operations. We must rememeber part of the history. About a year ago SYMEF was made public here at diyaudio.com. The introduction of SYMEF was full of pomp and color. It did get a few people warmed up. At first Andrew didnt think it worked and Cal wanted me to clarify a few things, you see the pomp and color as I was told was through thread jacking and not just any thread:D

I must say it was a calculated risk (although done innocently) worth it. The thread was moved to solid state where the unfolding of a great amplifier began.

Unfortunately some came to the thread and brushed it off. To them they had heard all that is to be heard and had already reached the apex of their knowledge, there was just nothing new to be learned any more.

For techonological advancements to be there, we must have the inquisitive nature of children, willing to relearn what we think we have already learned and also discover the unknown. That way we never find ourselves in a situation where we can no longer learn.

I requested Alex to come up with a PCB, which he did. Tinitus was around a while. Nico came in and gave us a good run but he had his shares to protect also.

Drowranger walked into the thread with well wishes and a PCB design. Little was I to know he was the prince in shinning armour that the thread needed. He etched his own PCB and before the year was done, hurray, it was the best thing that he had ever heard.

Drowranger established a great foundation for those to follow. PauloPt came thereafter and confirmed Drowrangers initial findings. PauloPt also went ahead and gave the 1DIFFQC amplifier a ran. Drowranger and PauloPt worked well together. I had myself a team:).

Drowranger revised many versions of PCBs and what you are currently enjoying is a slightly modified version of Drowrangers work.

So as I prepare to announce this rounds winner, I reminiscence on how far we have come in one year ;)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.