• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

GB for F5T Convertible amplifier boards

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Joined 2006
Paid Member
So new spreadsheet is up and editable, and signature is updated. Will try to get to 30 boards requested, then payed for and I will order some more.

I have not been promoting them in hopes the store would be able to get theirs out the door. But I am not sure of their solution is yet viable, or suitable for all builders. So no reason to not offer again. This an expensive board with low-margins, so offering a donation to diyaudio itself will be difficult unless a lot of boards are requested.

Hi,

I am already in the group buy for the F5Tc from buzzforb. Will those parts work with your boards? I vaguely remember that there was something that was different between your board and the diyaudio boards (was it that your board holes would not line up with the case that they are selling?); can somebody refresh my memory on what that is? I am getting a bit frustrated waiting for diyaudio to get the f5tc boards from backorder, so may just bite the bullet and pick up Tea-Bag's boards...

So new spreadsheet is up and editable, and signature is updated. Will try to get to 30 boards requested, then payed for and I will order some more.

I have not been promoting them in hopes the store would be able to get theirs out the door. But I am not sure of their solution is yet viable, or suitable for all builders. So no reason to not offer again. This an expensive board with low-margins, so offering a donation to diyaudio itself will be difficult unless a lot of boards are requested.

Joined 2003
Paid Member
Hi,

I am already in the group buy for the F5Tc from buzzforb. Will those parts work with your boards? I vaguely remember that there was something that was different between your board and the diyaudio boards (was it that your board holes would not line up with the case that they are selling?); can somebody refresh my memory on what that is?

I think that was in post #1

Russellc

Joined 2006
Paid Member
Here is a pic for front end jumpering for V2 operation.

Attachments

• f5TC_FrontEndV2.jpg
    f5TC_FrontEndV2.jpg
    118.4 KB · Views: 305
Joined 2006
Paid Member
More boards are on the way. I have ordered 15 sets.
I did lower the board depth to 2.00mm from 3mm. This should allow for easier desoldering, with the only negative might be board flex depending on Mosfet alignment to the heatsink.

I have also made at special request some 40mm cap supplies, in a larger format, same look. This will allow for more uF at higher voltages (22,000uf at 63v, and 47,000uf at 35v), as well as support for more brands of caps. I still have a few of the 35mm cap boards available. The price will be higher again because of its size, 3oz copper, and 4 panel V-scoring.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.