• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

F5T Premium kit GB

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
For those folks buying fets from me, i thought it may be helpful to offer full kits of various versions using nicer components. PRP resistors was first thought, perhaps Nichicon KG psu caps, other components can be suggested and decided on. Perhaps another way to reduce overall cost by combining buying power and reducing shipping cost from multiple points. Only wanting to do this for fet GB members.

Yup. In truth , that will provide the greatest cost saving. It is rare for me to get everything from one place. Shipping usually kicks my ***. I will post tentative prices of both a standard and premium kit. Standard will use Vishay and Panasonic resistors, as well as Panaonic TSUP caps. THe premiuim kit will have PRP, Mills and NIchicon KG.

I will be selling the mur for 1.50. I will keep them mosfets diodes seperate from kit for now unless asked todo otherwise. It makes it easier to keep up with. I am waiting on a price on the Mills resistors. PRP can be had for price of Vishay Dale (.20/piece) since we are buying in bulk. Nichicon can be had for $6.50 to $7 vs $10 if we can get 200, which i think is doable considering there are 8 in the PSU. Mills are the biggest cost and have yet to hear. Right now i am guessing 20% discount, but may do better dependent on qty. I should have preliminary prices for kits. There will be standard and premium. Added to GB page.

I can honestly say..that if you can deliver on my wishes...this would be the very first DIY kit that I would be building...and subsequently, blowing a finger off or two...I just pick my nose with them anyways:D

Buzz...whats the Fairchild thing all about?

Last edited:
Tentative pricing on the GB. Based on 50 kits, with 25 needing to be Premium to meet price specs. PRP doesn't really add much. So depending on premium kit turnout, I may fold them into the standard kit. I need list in on GB sheet to get idea of demand. Sign up, if interested and i will tell you when things are getting serious.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.