• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

F5T Premium kit GB

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
THe big chassis does not have the holes for the diodes, so you will have to add them to mount diodes. That being said, the big sinks can take some heat and V3 is worth a try, just keep bias low until you are sure of heat. V2 is no problema nd PKI has had his on store sinks for a while.

Joined 2003
Paid Member
Got my kit!
Is anyone using Teabags boards on the pre drilled big *** chassis?
I don't want to tap holes but I also like the 1 board solution.

I am in that boat, I am waiting it out while assembling/finishing my Pearl2 and a couple of other projects and see what everybody else does. If I need to get store boards too, no biggie. I've got too much invested in this to screw up and not hate myself!

Similarly, I want to wait until the build guide is complete and all issues worked out. I want to make sure the store boards are as they should be.....dont understand why, for example 6L6 build kept having stability problems while I dont remember Buzz having to install additional caps and increased resistor value....just an example of why I want the smoke to clear a little before I add mine to the cloud!

Russellc

Joined 2003
Paid Member
Putting them on the skn raises their temperature, making them conduct faster. It also makes their temperature more stable. It is your call. It certainly works fine off sink.

If I do this build with the boards I have from Teabag, I will drill and tap to mount the diodes on the same sink. They are small holes, easily drilled and the tapping is also a snap. I like the idea of them conducting faster.

Russellc

It is how Nelson intended it. I believe that you can proceed with confidence in the build. I have done everything but switch the polarities on these things and yet to have issue. I have pushed it to clipping into 8ohm load with up to 10kHz square wave and no issues. You know me, Ill be buzzing around. For those who want to use Tea's boards with a 4 outputs, but dont feel comdortable with the heat, you can always drop one of the 1r resistors and bias up to about .400mV across Rs(about .4A per output device) and you will get higher gain, little more DF, and little more current capabilty. Ill be buzzing around to help:D

Last edited:
Joined 2003
Paid Member
It is how Nelson intended it. I believe that you can proceed with confidence in the build. I have done everything but switch the polarities on these things and yet to have issue. I have pushed it to clipping into 8ohm load with up to 10kHz square wave and no issues. You know me, Ill be buzzing around. For those who want to use Tea's boards with a 4 outputs, but dont feel comdortable with the heat, you can always drop one of the 1r resistors and bias up to about .400mV across Rs(about .4A per output device) and you will get higher gain, little more DF, and little more current capabilty. Ill be buzzing around to help:D

Thank heavens on the "I'll be buzzing around to help"!
One question, I recall you built on tea
s boards, did you also build store boards?

If you did build tea's boards, did you find the cap necessary to stabilize like 6L6 had to do on his build using the store boards? I may have this all mixed up...

Russellc

All but about 8 kits are packed. They will all leave by this end of the week. BillyK, you are in this group. I will be contacting you about your address info. The rest will go out next week when i get back in town from a business trip. All of you have been very patient. It will soon be over and you can get to building.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.