• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

F5T Premium kit GB

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Joined 2003
Paid Member
Hopefully, this coming week:D

Coming right along on time! This time, I went for the "Deluxe" Big box and the stuffings for the back panel. Definitely could have save a little and constructed them from 1/8 inch aluminum like my last build. Those aluminum boxes are very strong once done, but it is nice not to have to contend with piles of aluminum shavings which turn up everywhere for weeks! These boxes actually look very finished.

The kit of electrical socket for the power cord, the RCA jacks and the the speaker binding posts fit nicely into the precut rear panel of the power amp's chassis.

While I had to cut the rear panel on the Pearl 2 unit myself, but it was pretty easy drilling and fitting these few pieces. One hole for the power in, (the mic plug recommended by 6L6) one for the ground post, two for the input RCAs, and two for the output RCAs.

As soon as the F-5 turbo parts kits arrive, (sounds like it wont be too much longer before they go out) and the completion of the transformer buy, that will be everything and I can begin to build!

Pearl 2 is coming to completion, just need a permanent chassis for its power supply.

Russellc

Attachments

• IMG_3795.jpg
    IMG_3795.jpg
    529.1 KB · Views: 289
  • IMG_3796.jpg
    IMG_3796.jpg
    531.9 KB · Views: 264
  • IMG_3800.jpg
    IMG_3800.jpg
    473.2 KB · Views: 253
  • IMG_3801.jpg
    IMG_3801.jpg
    438.9 KB · Views: 245
  • IMG_3802.jpg
    IMG_3802.jpg
    458.9 KB · Views: 235
  • IMG_3805.jpg
    IMG_3805.jpg
    419.2 KB · Views: 96
  • IMG_3806.jpg
    IMG_3806.jpg
    498.7 KB · Views: 105
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.