• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

F5T Premium kit GB

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I am discussing possible toroid buy with Primrose, a division of SumR. I know there is a big vacuum right now annd although i enjoy doing business with Antek, they will be out until mid year. We will see how competitive the prices will be, but from my perspective, there arent many options. A second idea is TriadMagnetics. They have 24V sec toroids available in 600-1000VA. I will contact them next if SumR proves too expensive. The contact did say they would be fine with drop shipping to purchasers. As for the Fukushima, I received word today that they expect updated delivery date in next day or two. Lets hope the date holds. We are somewhat at their mercy here and if it looks like it will be too long, I will ship kits with the Panasonic for those who do not want to wait.

I have some initial pricing from SumR. Let me get it sorted on the specifics and I will post. They are about 30$ more as far as I can tell. These are from their audio specific division, known as Primrose. They have a epoxy center for easy and stable mounting. The 800VA an 1000VA versions have epoxy cores for mounting. They come with core bands to help with shielding. I am also looking into fully shielded and encapsulated option. They look like quality toroidal transformers.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.