• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

F5T Premium kit GB

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Thank you for your efforts buzz!

I can wait for the fukishima. I have some fukushima as emitter resistors in a phase linear 400, where they made a considerable improvement over both stock or Mills.

They are highly recommended.

I am OK with waiting for the Fukishima too. I still have to source all the other expensive items like transformers and chasis etc. So not in a big hurry to start.

Thank you again, Buzz

Regards,

Do not get sucked into the electricity bull. Over hear, you always hear that gas heat is most effcient. This is tru from a pure efficiency standpoint. What they dont tell you, is that even thought it is more efficient at heating, it cost a lot more to use. Most people hum along feeling good about efficiency while the nat gas guys are laughing all the way to the bank. They are coming out with new gas/electric hybrid heaters over here now that run on electric for low power heat and swicth to gas when you need grunt. People are paying off multi thousand dollar purchase in two and three years with the savings. There is so much BS in the whole effciency/green energy discussion,it is hard to even move. Most of it is just a sales pitch to get you to buy something that puts more money in somebody's pocket. Think about repalcing gas cars with battery operated ones and ask scientist what dumping millions of tons of old, used, high tech batteries into the soil would do. You dont hear that though. Sorry for OT rant:D

Last edited:
Definitely don't want to wait 6 more weeks before starting! I have everything needed to start except the kit. Willing to pay for the shipping for the Fukujima.

For me it would NOT be like "putting together everything over a weekend and enjoy for years" thing. I would be more like, build a simplest version and followed by repetitive cycles of "upgrade power - tweak- test - listen" over many months. Realistically I suspect this would be the case for many who are aiming for V3. Note that there are not many examples of V2s made yet, let alone V3. Replacing Panasonic to Fukusima would be an a few-minutes-stop to stretch leg on a long winding road trip :)

Last edited:
The PSU boards were included in the kit price if you signed up for them. The only variable was the main board.

OK, I am working out the details and realized I am not clear on this point. I checked the spreadsheet and have marked yes for a TeaBag main board, I know I have not paid for one and only the PSU board is included. My question is; should I contact TeaBag regarding a main board? Or by adding it to the spreadsheet I have already "ordered" one.

All components are here, with the exception of the Fukushima's. THey are scheduled to ship on the 10th. Whether this date holds or not is in question. There is the possiblity of a bg hiccup for some. Antek's plat burnt down and getting transformers just got more expensive. THis will not affect me, but I thought I would let folks know. I expect the boards from TeaBag shortly. Hope it all cranks up very soon.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.