• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

F5T Premium kit GB

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi Buzzforb, theguy,

I'm a bit puzzled here. I subscribed for the V2 F5t however I saw different content variations. So my quetion is.
Is the V2 kit including all fets, diodes, resistors etc. needed to build a stereo amp? Or do I need to add Fets and diodes in the spreadsheet.

regards,

Nils

Hi Buzzforb, theguy,

I'm a bit puzzled here. I subscribed for the V2 F5t however I saw different content variations. So my quetion is.
Is the V2 kit including all fets, diodes, resistors etc. needed to build a stereo amp? Or do I need to add Fets and diodes in the spreadsheet.

regards,

Nils

Gets and diodes are separate, but can be included. There is now a spreadsheet that has been started with all relevant info. Any questions, just PM me.

Just kicking the can here and keeping spreadsheet available. I could add it to my sig, but forgot how:D
No tax is necessary and shipping column can be added to main spreadsheet along with email.

F5T GB #2
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AnoM1f9SEyoEdGk0d3VGZXdlenREVUFZRndrM19iTHc#gid=0[/QUOTE]

Also,
If getting TeaBag's PSU boards(only real option), add you name to the list. It would save you money to have him ship them to me and then they go out with the kit.

Last edited:
Hi Buzzforb, theguy,

regards,

Nils

Wijgers,

further to Buzzforb's reply:
- the base kit specified in column B or C does not include required mosfets & diodes
- to request the required mosfets and diodes for the kit, enter a "yes" in column E
- some users were requesting supplemental mosfets and diodes in column O beyond those they requested through column E in case of overheating while soldering and other breakage: these are reflected in columns K & L. If you'd like to do the same, please enter the quantities in column L & K.
- I've added comments to the column headers to describe this (just mouse-over)

No tax is necessary and shipping column can be added to main spreadsheet along with email.

Buzzforb,

I see you've consolidated the V1/V2 columns: was going to ask about that.

I've specified a zero tax and shipping rate in that sheet for now; will add shipping column to orders sheet.

One other thing I noticed is that lo_tse's custom order comments and price has been over-written with the calculated order price; don't know whether you or lo_tse changed this.

Here's what he/she had originally:
- $125 (kit price) + $64 (2 sets of FETs) + $24 (16 diodies) =$213.00. I added extra components (see column L). My total price will be $213 + $44 = $257.00. Please double check my calculation.
- would like to get 2 x CL30, 2 xCL60 thermistors, 4 extra diodes, and one more set of FETs ($6.0 + $6.0 + $32.00 = $44 extra)

V1/2 is the same with the exception of the diodes, so only that column would be affected by one choice or the other. I changed LoTse's info after you added the column that allowed for extra mosfets. This cleaned everything up a bit. I will add the thermistors to his total.
Please keep asking and checking. It is a tremendous help and helps me keep mistakes on my part to a miminum.

Theguy,
Your hired! Thank you for your effort

For stateside transformers, I would suggest Antek. For stateside heatsinks, I would suggest Heatsinks uSA 10.08 profile or buying store case.

You're welcome.

Thanks for tip on Antek; I'm guessing this would be the AN 8448 or AN10488 based on the 48V rail voltage in the manual for a V2? And which of the 36V transformers here for the V1?

Re. heatsinks, had included that in the components sheet.

Re. case, I"m guessing the "BIG Amp Chassis" is the one since needs loads of heat dissipation for class A and quasi sinks don't really do the job? I've added to spreadsheet.

One more question: looking at build pictures, it appears that main board actually consists of two boards, one for each channel/heatsink. When we get around to requesting these of Tea Bag, will we specify this as 1 or 2 boards?

OK, got it: wasn't understanding how the factor applied.

One question:
- if I do that multiplication on 25V, I get 32V, which is the rail voltage specified in the manual for V1/V2 main board schematics: so far, so good
- however, the manual refers to a rail voltage of 48V for beefed up V2 PSU, but this may just be example calculation: not really following how this PSU section fits in

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.