• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

F5T Premium kit GB

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Am I mi
ssing something here? As per the spreadsheet, TeaBag is out of PSU boards and the diyAudio store does not/cannot have the F5t boards. How is one supposed to build the amps?

Tea is having more boards made specfically for us at beginning of the year. The store should have their boards around Christmas. One column should say CL60 instead of both being CL30. Please confirm you selections, as i need some concrete numbers.

dK 845 - V3 (2) , PSU (2) - Yes
RusselC - V2, PSU - Yes
Dane - V2, PSU - Yes
mkoerner - V2 (2), V3 (1)
mordikai - V2 (2), PSU - yes
mordikai - V3 (2), PSU - yes
sts9fan - V3, PSU - yes
Naturlyd - V2 (2), V3 (2), PSU - yes
Wijgers - V2, PSU - no
SRMcGee - V3, PSU - yes
skunark - V3, PSU - yes
Tytte71 - V3, PSU - yes
Bugzbunny - V3 (2), PSU - Yes
Kvorning- V3(2), PSU -Yes
wjh - V2, PSU - yes
backefel - V2, PSU -yes
Lo_Tse - V3, PSU - no
RKH - V3, PSU - no
fudce - V3, PSU - yes
PKI - V2, PSU - no
mortron - V1/V2 Std, PSU - yes

Added myself to the list.

RusselC - V2, PSU - Yes
Dane - V2, PSU - Yes
mkoerner - V2 (2), V3 (1)
sts9fan - V3, PSU - yes
Wijgers - V2, PSU - no
SRMcGee - V3, PSU - yes
skunark - V3, PSU - yes
Tytte71 - V3, PSU - yes
wjh - V2, PSU - yes
backefel - V2, PSU -yes
Lo_Tse - V3, PSU - no
RKH - V3, PSU - no
fudce - V3, PSU - yes
PKI - V2, PSU - no
whmok - V2, PSU - yes

Tea is having more boards made specfically for us at beginning of the year. The store should have their boards around Christmas. One column should say CL60 instead of both being CL30. Please confirm you selections, as i need some concrete numbers.

Hi, Buzzforb

For the V3 PSU, how many CL30 and CL60 are required for each channel?
Also, since I am a newbie, I am worry that I might blow up some of the FET's while assembling and/or testing the amp, is it possible to get an extra set, if I decide so?

Thanks again for the effort!

Regards,

Great news on the boards (I presume this refers to both main and PSU), have updated spreadsheet to reflect this. Interesting to see that Tea Bag is now doing an F6 board group buy.

Looking at the PSU schematic I'm seeing two thermistors, and the text refers to a CL30 and a CL60, so presuming the 2 quantity on the first line item in original post was a typo...have updated spreadsheet to reflect one CL60, one CL30, assuming that the CL60 was the more expensive one, hope this is correct.

Another thing I'm not clear on here is whether the V1 and V2 use the same PSU components (as the thread would seem to indicate). The manual states in the V2 section that "you are going to need a beefier power supply to do deliver all this additional power"; is your V1 PSU the same to simplify the group buy and potential upgrades, or am I misinterpreting the positioning of the manual text?

Main schematic and text also seems to show that V2 is V1 plus some diodes on the output, though not clear whether the mosfets are different since V2 schematic shows FQA19N20 and FQA12P20 where V1 schematic shows FQAN and FQAP (is this just an abbreviation?). If V2 is V1 plus diodes, then I'll take V2 for potential later upgrade.

Also updated RKH request to reflect no PSU or Mosfets/Diodes... hope I have this right, could have sworn I saw a post requesting the Mosfets/diodes, but not seeing it anymore.

Lastly, thanks to those who updated spreadsheet themselves.

had to reduce :) running out of money ...

RusselC - V2, PSU - Yes
Dane - V2, PSU - Yes
mkoerner - V2 (2), (with mosfets & diodes)
sts9fan - V3, PSU - yes
Wijgers - V2, PSU - no
SRMcGee - V3, PSU - yes
skunark - V3, PSU - yes
Tytte71 - V3, PSU - yes
wjh - V2, PSU - yes
backefel - V2, PSU -yes
Lo_Tse - V3, PSU - no
RKH - V3, PSU - no
fudce - V3, PSU - yes
PKI - V2, PSU - no
whmok - V2, PSU - yes

Also updated the spreadsheet

Mike

V2 is V1 with diodes. Everything else is the same, simple as that. The thermostat in the psu is not something i have used, so i cant comment. If you want TeaBags PSU boards, it might be smart to go through me, as this will save shipping, including it with GBcomponents. Its up to you. I will create a spot on spreadsheet for this option. I will send out collection/communication emails tomorrow.

Edit
I have noticed folks adding thermistors. I assume that these are in addition to the ones included in the psu component kit. If not, please specify as extra

V2 is V1 with diodes. Everything else is the same, simple as that. The thermostat in the psu is not something i have used, so i cant comment. If you want TeaBags PSU boards, it might be smart to go through me, as this will save shipping, including it with GBcomponents. Its up to you. I will create a spot on spreadsheet for this option. I will send out collection/communication emails tomorrow.

Edit
I have noticed folks adding thermistors. I assume that these are in addition to the ones included in the psu component kit. If not, please specify as extra

Well, since you have not used it, i assume it is probably OK to leave it out. I am going to live dangerously and not bother with it.

By the way, since I do not need the PSU, I added a note on the FET and diode column in the spreadsheet. I would like to get extra thermistors, diodes and FETs - I included them in the comment column already.

Thanks!

Bkdog is correct. Nothin gis really gained, as shipping weight gets heavy enough that you have to ship in sperate boxes and then you lose any gains. Also, manufacturers usually hav eacces to better ahipping rates, as they often have accounts with the major shipping companies.

I would love some big conrad sinks, but it has been tryed a couple of times an dnot really worked out.

Convince me... I'm in... but... V2 or V3? I've signed up for V3 but I can get an entire V2 complement for the same as I'm spending on a partial V3 kit.

I am being seduced by "more power" without putting a huge amount of thought into it. Is someone, who has built both, willing to sway me one way or the other? Your opinions are welcome. I understand that they are opinions and I, ultimately, own the decision. Just to help I err on the side of more efficient speakers rather than less, if that helps in making an argument.

Thanks for your input.

Ryan

Is there any thought on putting together a heatsink and transformer group buy?

Wow, completely missed the transformer! What's typical price and good source for this?

Since V2 is V1 plus diodes, I've updated my order in the spreadsheet to reflect V2. Haven't updated in-thread list since looks like RKH's PSU update dropped my name from the list, and later additions by following members weren't included in list either:
- lehuy173
- necplusultra

Buzzforb, I've updated spreadsheet to
- include these additional members in totals at bottom
- include supplemental mosfets and diodes cost in total based on provided notes, with exception of lo_tse's one-off order
- provide emails sheet with summary for each member to give you head-start on sending these out; you can modify the template as required; once again, this doesn't properly reflect lo_tse's one-off order

Please double-check that my spreadsheet calculations and summary info is correct: I haven't fully vetted it.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.