• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

F5T Premium kit GB

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Joined 2003
Paid Member
Yes. I have some parts to ship that were left out of the kits. Once this is finished, i will open it back up. I owe it to previous buyers to finish everything first. All packages should be shipped this week and new GB will open Monday.

Take your time, I'm still waiting for the boards to become available through the DIY store anyhow...but will most definitely buy a kit when you are ready! Thanks for the effort, much appreciated.

Russellc

Please don't take too much time though...

Take your time, I'm still waiting for the boards to become available through the DIY store anyhow...but will most definitely buy a kit when you are ready! Thanks for the effort, much appreciated.

Russellc
Please don't take too much time though...
I really appreciate buzz's effort. I've got his FQAs. And also have been waiting for the boards to become available in DIY store. But as it appears now, I have no idea how long it will be. Days? Weeks? Months? Years? Who knows at this point...... So I've ordered Tea-bags F5T convertible board (which appears to be on its way right now), EVEN THOUGH I know I will have to point to point wire the mosfets to fit my heat sinks!

So this part kit is the last piece of puzzles, which is holding up. I would like to build one during end of year holiday times, so I would like to get this kit before then, which seems to be more and more unlikely day by day... I'm sure there are a lot of us in my shoes, particularly those who ordered Tea-bags board.... Don't mean to pressure Buzz or anything. Just recognizing these GB are hard thing to execute and people who are nice and wonderful enough to do these are hard to come by.... :)

the group buy is now open again.
V3 - $120
V2 - $75

Above is for main board only. If you want to do a PSU as well, please let me know in your response. I am going to use Panasonic TSHA this time. The Nichicon's were a major point of delay and cost and while i think they are a subtl improvement, I think the TSHA, get you 90% of the way. If there is enough interest, I will post the cost of the PSU setup. To lower cost, I will be using Fukushima in the PSU this time. I like them better than Mills and they are cheaper as well, Mills begin almost triple their cost. To keep up with things, please list your name and how many of which kit you want. Example below.

buzzforb - V3(1), PSU(yes)

Joined 2004
Paid Member
Buzzforb:

Can you provide any insight into the availability of a power supply pcb that will support sixteen 35mm caps? You had mentioned that you were working on a design and that board would be particularly helpful in building the F5Turbo; it seems unlikely that diyaudio will offer something similar.

Regards,
Scott

I have the original done. I am offering home etched, single sided copies to GB members. Getting them made would be very expensive due to their size. I am in Virginia this week and when i get back I will send pics and get supplies ordered to do the rest. They will be offered at material cost.

the group buy is now open again.
V3 - $120
V2 - $75

Above is for main board only. If you want to do a PSU as well, please let me know in your response. I am going to use Panasonic TSHA this time. The Nichicon's were a major point of delay and cost and while i think they are a subtl improvement, I think the TSHA, get you 90% of the way. If there is enough interest, I will post the cost of the PSU setup. To lower cost, I will be using Fukushima in the PSU this time. I like them better than Mills and they are cheaper as well, Mills begin almost triple their cost. To keep up with things, please list your name and how many of which kit you want. Example below.

buzzforb - V3(1), PSU(yes)

Just to make sure - are the kits 100% complete with every single part needed to populate the boards?

Going for 3 F5s to power a GPA 515/299 project with distributed subs. Tried out the F5 on you Altecs?

Keep up the good work!

Cheers

Last edited:
Try to keep names in a list format to help keep up. I really want to get 20 kits sold before I close this thing. I will order 25 as this is what the pricing is based on. It would be nice to close before Christmas and perhaps give all something to do, but we will have to see. I cannot eat it on this one, as i took a pretty good hit on the last one, therefore if not enough are sold, it is a no go.

I think that an ideal circumstance would be a mono set using two of either the largest or next to largest chassis. I can tell you that if you build a V3, there is little reason to believe that you will ever need another amp. If you get the diy virus, i cant hekp you there:D If you are setup, you can beat the price diying your own case, but it is a lot of work and may not look as good inthe end.

The chassis are specifically designed to accept universal mounting specs used by the store.

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.