• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

F5T Premium kit GB

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I envy those of you that have built other amp projects and have some frame of reference. This is a whole new level for me. Comparison will be to my current (old) Yamaha power amps. This will be the first thing I have built since my haflers in the 80s. By comparison, those were super simple. ...and it probably wouldn't happen now if it weren't for this type of help. Thanks!

Joined 2004
Paid Member
Folks:

Buzzforb's large and weighty box arrived at my home a couple of days ago and I'd just like to publicly applaud him for all of the hard work and terrific parts choices. Group buys are usually a great opportunity, but Buzzforb made available to the group parts that would have, under any other circumstance, been way out of my price range. It is also worth mentioning that the parts were very nicely packaged with enough bubblewrap to keep a room full of small kids entertained for an hour (okay, maybe 20 minutes, but still a long time).

My F5T build efforts will, by intention, lag behind the efforts of the more intelligent and inventive amongst you, since I have no idea what I'm doing and really need (and depend on) all the guidance I can get. But please don't delay too long -- that box sings its siren song to me every time I walk past it.

Kudos and many, many thanks to Justin!

Regards,
Scott

I envy those of you that have built other amp projects and have some frame of reference. This is a whole new level for me. Comparison will be to my current (old) Yamaha power amps. This will be the first thing I have built since my haflers in the 80s. By comparison, those were super simple. ...and it probably wouldn't happen now if it weren't for this type of help. Thanks!

Over the years I have owned quite a few amps, from Audio Research to a Krell class A monster. The diy F5 that I finished this year, is the finest, at least to my ears. I anticipate that the F5T will improve upon the already impressive F5 performance. HTH!

I am resolving all kits form first GB. THe new sign up sheet will go up this weekend with new pricing. The major decsision on the new GB is PSU components. I will have to gauge nterest to determine whether or not to include this. It was the major souce of delay and cost in the first GB.
If you have thoughts, let me know.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.