• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

F5T Premium kit GB

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have a proposal for kit GB members. I can get the Fukushima MPC74 power resistors used in EUVL's F5X for half the price of current Mills selection. Two caveats. While they have a similar power rating, I do not believe they are recommended for PSU use. In this case I would recommend the Panasonics. I have seen little difference in using fancy resistors in my PSU applications. This would have added benefit of also reducing cost. Second issue. I know Tea-Bags boards will accept this type of resistor, but I am not sure about ToeCutters boards. Let me know. This would go along way to paying for extra set of PSU components not yet added to V3 price.

I am posting the new Kit prices. The changes that you see are the result of different selections as well as updated pricing for less than original quantity quoted. I had hoped for 50 kits, but only have 25. The pricing is not significantly different, with only slight changes. Major difference is components added for dual mono supply for V3 which was missed in first go around. It sucks, but it is necessary, so not a lot i can do. There will be no standard kit and those who signed up can purchase the premium kit with exceptions in the Cap and power resistor areas. I will send out individual emails to all who have signed up with a more pointed explanation. THanks.

Last edited:
Read the explanation. For V3 you need two of the psu in the article. It just happens that the caps are the most expensive part. If you look at the kit price list you will see that you can go with Panasonics as analternative and this saves quite a bit of money. I tried to explain inPM sent toall potential buyers. Did you have a chance to check that.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.