F5T Premium kit GB - Page 61 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Commercial Sector > Group Buys

Group Buys Members group buys

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 27th July 2013, 09:34 AM   #601
ZAC1 is offline ZAC1  Croatia
diyAudio Member

HI Buzz!
Is it possible to get 2 x F5T V2 kits?
Thanks in advance,
ZAC
Old 24th August 2013, 05:59 PM   #602
diyAudio Member

I am assuming the 2.2k blue resistors included with the power supply odds and ends are for positions R2 and R6 on the power supply board?

Thanks,
Russellc
Old 24th August 2013, 06:02 PM   #603
diyAudio Member

That is correct. Tyey are for fault situtaions more than anything, as under normal conditions, the bas of the amp drains those caps pretty quickly.
Old 24th August 2013, 06:17 PM   #604
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. dB View Post
The cat has done a good job of assembling those chassis, I wish I could get mine interested in hifi.
Just saw this old post while rereading material while building, yes he's quite the chassis mechanic!
there is an old picture either here or on Audiokarma of my first F-5 build, he's a tiny kitten that we rescued....someone dumped him in the middle of a highway of all things. Again it is profitable to say, "Humans are the only animal that blushes, or has any need to."

Russellc
Old 24th August 2013, 06:22 PM   #605
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzforb View Post
That is correct. Tyey are for fault situtaions more than anything, as under normal conditions, the bas of the amp drains those caps pretty quickly.
Still cant believe I killed a P3.... Buzz, I sent an email about this, I'm afraid I need to buy an extra.......if you got one. I'm a fanatic about all the parts being the same.

Russellc
Old 24th August 2013, 06:27 PM   #606
diyAudio Member

Nop big deal. Ill put it in the box.
Old 24th August 2013, 06:28 PM   #607
diyAudio Member

Buzz, or anyone, the last "mystery" part I have are these big honking .1 resistors. I assumed they went along the sides of the power supply board, like the pic in Tea-bags blog, but I have four of them, which still leave 2 unexplained. Did I get 2 extras, or like usual, am I missing something and they are for something else?

Thanks in advance,

Russellc
Old 24th August 2013, 06:31 PM   #608
diyAudio Member

F5T article shows .05 ohms to minimize loss. Double them up.
Old 24th August 2013, 06:43 PM   #609
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzforb View Post
F5T article shows .05 ohms to minimize loss. Double them up.
Ahhh, they take the place of all those .47 resistors, I see. I was wondering what happened to them!
Looks like it will be easier to use staggered holes b/c of the thick wire. I guess one could be on top of the board and the other underneath as well.
Russellc

Last edited by Russellc; 24th August 2013 at 06:47 PM.
Old 25th August 2013, 01:22 AM   #610
diyAudio Member

Default Which position for the 120 R resistors?

Another question for Buzz, or any kit builder that knows: The 120 R resistors with heat sink. Does it matter which of the two sets of holes (inside, for R10 and R8, or outside for R7 and R9 are used for them? I assume the outside positions would be preferred, just to move the heat (albeit very little from what I've read) will be to the outside of the board, but this is just my SWA guess.

Also, I havent found anything addressing this, but I assume nothing in the "open position" needs a jumper installed? Thought I had better ask.

looking at the schematic, it appears that they could go in any of the holes, as long as one in on each side of course. It also appears nothing would need to be jumpered either. But again, I better make sure. desoldering from this board will be difficult. Very thick boards, holes are deeper and hold noticeably more solder. Good Joints yes, difficult to desolder? seems like it would be. Hopefully that can be avoided being careful.

Russellc

Last edited by Russellc; 25th August 2013 at 01:46 AM.

Hide this!Advertise here!