F5T Premium kit GB - Page 37 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Commercial Sector > Group Buys

Group Buys Members group buys

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 20th December 2012, 09:34 PM   #361
sts9fan is offline sts9fan  United States
diyAudio Member

With the V2 is it preferable to mount the diodes?
Is there a kickback to the site for your boards?
Old 21st December 2012, 01:22 AM   #362
Tea-Bag is offline Tea-Bag  United States
not politcally affiliated
diyAudio Member

With strong output into a real speaker load, I did not get the Diodes to warm up enough to mount the diodes to the chassis. The 3-5W one's seemed adequate.
Assuming the GB is not a lot of boards, there is not a lot of leg-room to ad a donation.
On the other hand - For the F6 boards I am doing - I built the donation into the pricing regardless, so it can run near zero profit. It's easier that way.
I don't want to threadjack to much more on Buzz's thread. Try to keep as unpolluted as possible with the white boards.
Old 21st December 2012, 10:52 AM   #363
diyAudio Member

Add interest on my sheet. I'll go to Tea with a Total needed. Information in too many places gets difficult to manage. I'll take care of the kick and for the F5T. That's on me, not Tea. Having built a V2, ican say that tea's boards work excellent, are high quality, and make for a clean succinct build. i am not a huge fan of modular setups. it was conceived as a one size fitz all. Mounting the diodes off board is my preferred method. There was some discussion about this. Pick your poison sort of thing. Mine don't even get warm, so it allows me to set bias higher. Get more current and still say safe. Temp affects their conduction as much or more than Vdrop.
Old 21st December 2012, 11:59 AM   #364
Tea-Bag is offline Tea-Bag  United States
not politcally affiliated
diyAudio Member

Buzz, didn't you mean mounting diodes on the board? (not off board)
Yes, keeping diode cooler, but bias higher means more class A love, but still ability to burst for big signal passages as far as I know. If you bias too high with the diodes, you'll know it, the bias will go from .3-4v to 1v. At that point, unplug your amp and back off the pots! As Nelson also says, run the fuse low when playing with it, or forever, so if it pulls too much, it will just blow.
Buzz, there are a few people signed up in my spreadsheet - for F5tc mentioned above - feel free to move them over, and tell me so- then I will stop sharing my spreadsheet .
We can make it work this way.
Happy Holidays to all that celebrate that! And onto Dec 22nd to a new Mayan beginning! :LOL:
Old 21st December 2012, 12:36 PM   #365
diyAudio Member

Yup. On board, but off sink. I have my V2 on a 2A fuse playing fr months. But wit a second, I have two channels biased at 4A each where I your spreadsheet? I'll compare the two. Just trying to keep my simple brain running smoothly. Multitasking for me is finding all my task and then doing them one at a time.
Old 27th December 2012, 08:46 PM   #366
zoe is offline zoe  United States
diyAudio Member

Hello If I get the Antek 10425 transformer how would I wire as it has four secondary's
Old 27th December 2012, 08:52 PM   #367
diyAudio Member

Since you are doing a V2, you would wire the top two greens in parallel, the top two blues in parallel, the bottom to greens in parallel and the bottom two blue in parallel. THis simply tunrs it into a dual sceondary xformer and works perfectly with Tea's boards. If you need me to draw a pic, I will happily do so.
Old 27th December 2012, 09:13 PM   #368
zoe is offline zoe  United States
diyAudio Member

Old 27th December 2012, 09:40 PM   #369
mortron is offline mortron  Canada
diyAudio Member

For a Turbo V1, what do I need to order for mosfets and diodes? I don't want to harass buzz as I'm sure he is busy juggling all of this, and I want to get my $$$ to him ASAP.

All I have on the list is the V1/2 parts, PSU components and board selected, and am not sure how many of what bundle to order for the rest of it.
Old 27th December 2012, 10:04 PM   #370
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mortron View Post
For a Turbo V1, what do I need to order for mosfets and diodes? I don't want to harass buzz as I'm sure he is busy juggling all of this, and I want to get my $$$ to him ASAP.

All I have on the list is the V1/2 parts, PSU components and board selected, and am not sure how many of what bundle to order for the rest of it.
Go to "Theguy's" F-5 turbo group buy spreadsheet. Scroll down to your name, click on the email tab and you have a note about what you ordered and how much it is. Pay pal to the address Buzz gave a few posts back. If you need to modify your order, you need to contact Buzz via PM. The diodes and Mosfets are a separate purchase. All this is on the spreadsheet.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...rM19iTHc#gid=0

Russellc

Last edited by Russellc; 27th December 2012 at 10:08 PM.

Hide this!Advertise here!